Your opinion? A water drop collision

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Beautiful work! Very nice colours which look great against the black background. I've seen what I can only assume to be some type of dye powder used to create colours in these shots, the powder is placed where the drop is going to hit to create colours. Do you use the same technique or are you mixing liquids to get your colours? Thanks for sharing these, very nice workšŸ˜Š

Reactions: Craigo79

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Whoaaa it's so artistic! šŸ˜ The colours and sharpness are stunning.
May you include the exif too for us to learn?

Reactions: Craigo79

Craigo79

Jan 17, 2022
Beautiful work! Very nice colours which look great against the black background. I've seen what I can only assume to be some type of dye powder used to create colours in these shots, the powder is placed where the drop is going to hit to create colours. Do you use the same technique or are you mixing liquids to get your colours? Thanks for sharing these, very nice workšŸ˜Š
The bottom part of the image was created with a nozzle that I designed and 3d printed it is shooting upwards under pressure using 3 different valves. The blue drops are falling from above colliding with the white jet. The colours are from acrylic paint mixed with xanthum gum and water. :)

Whoaaa it's so artistic! šŸ˜ The colours and sharpness are stunning.
May you include the exif too for us to learn?

Exif would have been around 0.6 seconds F18 and ISO 500 or something around there. The trick in the timings is all done with the mjkzz water drop controller :)