Lens Adapting an old lens

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member want's to discuss about the lens specified in the topic.

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
If you have a motor on your camera you can put old lens, if you wanna do macro/proxi you can put a raynox or tubes. Then an old lens cost between 20 and 100€ + tubes (30-40€) or raynox 60-70€. You can do macro for 100-200€ :p Not real macro, but you can get very good result for a low cost

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
If you have a motor on your camera you can put old lens, if you wanna do macro/proxi you can put a raynox or tubes. Then an old lens cost between 20 and 100€ + tubes (30-40€) or raynox 60-70€. You can do macro for 100-200€ :p Not real macro, but you can get very good result for a low cost

Photography is art!
Not rules 'if you want to shoot macro you must use a macro 1:1 lens and things like these'. I disagree.
Creativity is above all. Your equipment is your medium to do what you want. If hold your camera and think that my lens is not 1:1 macro or anything else then you loose the point.

Mount a Rikenon 55mm f/1.2 lens with a close up filter and try to get its result with a sterile macro lens..... and tell me then about macro rules of 1:1.

When I go out for photos I think of my compositions, the light, my subject and not if I have the XX lens that is 1:1. If I want to go closer i reverse it and I keep the artistic identity of my lens. Its character, its contrast performance its flaws, everything.

The point is to go out ant take photos. Compose and create.

P.S.
Because keyboard 'has no feelings' I write the above in a friendly and respectful manner to all.😋😉

• Love
Reactions: Baenki

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
I know people who said "It's not 1/1 ! it's not macro ! it's proxi!" lol I don't care about it, the most important thing is the result ^^

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I know people who said "It's not 1/1 ! it's not macro ! it's proxi!" lol I don't care about it, the most important thing is the result ^^

Exactly!

I 've been in the past in various forum debates about these matters. People seem to forget or loose the true meaning sometimes... We become gearholics and spec hunters... And then we realise that our photos sometimes are boring.... We check the sharpness, the 1:1 ratios, the coma and we forget to compose, use the light properly etc. I myself have been a gearholic in the past. Buying cameras, lenses etc. Now I've caught myself using one camera body and a 50mm lens most of the times... They are enough for most of the cases.

In any case each one has his or hers interests. It is not bad to be a gearholic. It is also a choice of hobby. 😉

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
You must come discuss with us more often ^^

I want it Greg! Really.
My job is quite demanding most of the year time and there is little free time left each day. And the nice thing here is that I can discuss with people that have no dogmas. That's is very important.

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
What is your job panos_adgr panos_adgr ?

I work in an industrial catering services company. It is one of the largest in the Balkan region. I work as a Research & Development Manager. I design and create food products and food services based on customer needs global and regional food trends and habits. I also do project management and create product, service philosophy and strategic. I have to study the global market and food trends at the same time.