Additional close-up lenses

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Boggyharpa

Nov 19, 2020
Hello, I use an Olympus XZ-2 and I contemplate buying close-up lenses. I hesitate between two mixes:
  • RAYNOX DCR-150+DCR-250 and
  • MARUMI DHG Achromat +3-+5,
what would be the best choice?
Thanks in advance for your answers!

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello B Boggyharpa , personally I would recommend to go with raynox as I heard good opinions and you can get good details as well. I think more help will be able to tell Helix_2648 Helix_2648 , MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie or rcorteschile rcorteschile , as if I’m wrong they had experience with raynox attachment.

By the way, as far as I know raynox are just a small attachment to your lens , and doesn’t consider as a lens. You might look for a proper lens for Olympus , maybe nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo or Ron Westbroek Ron Westbroek can give you a better advice , as I'm a canon user.

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 3 1
May 9, 2020
Hello B Boggyharpa , personally I would recommend to go with raynox as I heard good opinions and you can get good details as well. I think more help will be able to tell Helix_2648 Helix_2648 , MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie or rcorteschile rcorteschile , as if I’m wrong they had experience with raynox attachment.

By the way, as far as I know raynox are just a small attachment to your lens , and doesn’t consider as a lens. You might look for a proper lens for Olympus , maybe nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo or Ron Westbroek Ron Westbroek can give you a better advice , as I'm a canon user.
Yes Raynox DCR250 is a really good lens as all Raynox lenses.

rcorteschile

Renato Cortés
Apr 11, 2020
If you have the option, go for Oly 60mm f/2.8 macro. I've seen stunning pictures taken with this lens and a DCR-250 plus extension rings.

Reactions: Jack