Your opinion? Aegorhinus phaleratus

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

rcorteschile

Renato Cortés
Apr 11, 2020
1/180
f/4
ISO 100
Magnification 7X

At this magnification, the depth of field is almost non-existent, so you have to use a technique called "Focus Stacking", as the objectives used (can be
specialized objectives such as Canon MPE65, or Laowa in my case, also many people use microscope lenses adapted to their cameras).

If you want to investigate in this type of photography, you can refer to http://www.extreme-macro.co.uk/

For this shot, I took about 100 images, each one with a difference of 30 microns. To do that, I used an automated micrometric rail (Wemacro)
I used a Laowa ultra macro lens that goes from 2,5X up to 5X of magnification. Added 65mm of extension tubes that allowed me to go to 7X magnification.
Illumination was made with two flashes remotely triggered from the camera, and (most important), the light was diffused using a disposable coffee cup, plus diffusers on each flash head.

The calculation of each step is done based on the Lefkowitz formula, considering the magnification, distance to the subject, and amount of the subject you want to appear sharp.

PS 2020-04-12 14-36-02 (C,Smoothing3).jpg

Reference specimen:
Captura2.JPG

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you very much rcorteschile rcorteschile , for such of detailed.p explanation. Your style is really impressive, and I like how sharp you get those pictures. I might create a directory for tutorials, if there will be more topics like this one. Once again thanks for sharing your skills, that’s really appreciated here. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Soon I will create some challenges , to vote the best picture of the forum. :)