Your opinion? Air bubble in ice 2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Great shot! How did you make it perfectly round like that?

Gravastar8A0

Sep 22, 2021
Great shot! How did you make it perfectly round like that?
Pure luck - it's the only round bubble I've found within any of my cubes so far. Most tend to turn out as elongated tubes. I wish I could film the whole process in time lapse so I could actually see them forming. I've been experimenting lately with making the silicon ice trays I have hot first and/or using hot water to slow the freezing process, giving any sediment more time to settle and creating clearer ice, but I don't want to go too far and get completely clear ice as then I'd have nothing to shoot.

I have two identical ice trays and yet the cubes they form turn out to contain different types bubble patterns in their cubes. I can also get different bubbles depending on where in the freezer I put the tray, as sometimes an air current will noticeably change a single cube - which is how this bubble got formed. So far I haven't been able to repeat the process that formed it!

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Nice one! It certainly looks like an eyeball. Bubbles within ice are really amazing. Makes me want to go back to freezing items in cubes and taking photos as they melt away. So many ideas, so little time!

Reactions: Gravastar8A0

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
This is very nice, I like all the textures both in the ice and the background. It has a lot of editing potential and would look great with many edit styles, very nice photo. Oh and clean your sensor when you get a chance šŸ˜†, mine is filthy right now lol

Gravastar8A0

Sep 22, 2021
This is very nice, I like all the textures both in the ice and the background. It has a lot of editing potential and would look great with many edit styles, very nice photo. Oh and clean your sensor when you get a chance šŸ˜†, mine is filthy right now lol
Thank you for this! I've definitely been neglectful on proper cleaning and maintenance

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter