Your opinion? ... and then a good glass of red wine...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Nice work oscar118 oscar118, that's looking a lot cleaner and sharper than some older shots, did you change your setup or editing? I like the extra colours and textures of the cork wood, they add a nice balance to the shiny metal. Sharp stack, better details. Lighting looks better too. Good improvements šŸ‘

oscar118

Aug 6, 2021
Nice work oscar118 oscar118, that's looking a lot cleaner and sharper than some older shots, did you change your setup or editing? I like the extra colours and textures of the cork wood, they add a nice balance to the shiny metal. Sharp stack, better details. Lighting looks better too. Good improvements šŸ‘
Hello, thank you for the comments.
I made several changes:
Limiting reproduction ratio to 1:1 gives much sharper images than higher ratios with the lens combination I am using (18-300 + Raynox)
Lighting with flash gives far better textures and colours. Used two Yongnuo units diffused with tracing paper
Stacking with Zerene Stacker is better and faster than Photoshop
And I motorized a manual Manfrotto 454 rail with a stepper motor and Arduino so now I can get very consistent step size (and lots of steps). In this case I used 0,1 mm steps.

• Italian Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hello, thank you for the comments.
I made several changes:
Limiting reproduction ratio to 1:1 gives much sharper images than higher ratios with the lens combination I am using (18-300 + Raynox)
Lighting with flash gives far better textures and colours. Used two Yongnuo units diffused with tracing paper
Stacking with Zerene Stacker is better and faster than Photoshop
And I motorized a manual Manfrotto 454 rail with a stepper motor and Arduino so now I can get very consistent step size (and lots of steps). In this case I used 0,1 mm steps.
Very good results, nice work. Making noticeable improvementsšŸ˜€. Excellent work making yourself an auto rail šŸ‘.