Your opinion? Andes Mosquito

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

ChanPaul

Feb 5, 2021
There are approximately 2,700 species of mosquito in the world; the three most significant genera are the Aedes, Anopheles, and Culex as these types of mosquitoes are responsible for transmitting various diseases that are hazardous to mankind

Mosquitoes belong to the order Diptera, the True Flies. Like all True Flies, they have two wings, but unlike other flies, mosquito wings have scales. Female mosquitoes’ mouthparts form a long piercing-sucking proboscis. Males differ from females by having feathery antennae and mouthparts not suitable for piercing skin

The most dangerous types of mosquito, the Aedes is anthropophagic, that is, it feeds on the blood of humans and only the female mosquito bites

It transmits among humans menacing diseases such as yellow fever and dengue fever, and can also cause lymphatic filariasis, an illness that can trigger elephantiasis in certain cases

The only reason why i dared to stand close to take this quickie shot was b'cause i was wearing a mosquito repellant watch

Attachments

• Aedes Vexan.jpg
    Aedes Vexan.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Love
Reactions: Jack and Desc1234

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Very sharp photo ChanPaul ChanPaul . Is this mosquito lives only in your country? I know that some of them are very dangerous for human life, but also depends on which country you live.