Phones Android vs Apple

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has opened a topic to talk about phone(s) model(s).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Well personally I’ve been Android user for years. I did find Samsung the most fitting for my way. However I did once got chance to touch an iPhone and that was like magic, I was immediately sure that would be my kind of tech one day.
it took me a decade to get there but so far only thing that I do miss is SD card. Nothing else at all. I love the speed and battery life, camera quality and apps that it came with. I do most enjoy internal editor as I often need only minor touch ups.

However, eventually it all depends on what you need for device to do for you and how it all blends in with your way of doing things.
and then it’s just the preference of interface and designs.
to me it was apple and I’m happy with it.

I do agree about Sd cards, that the most important thing on a phone, to have extra memory, on Apple products you have to pay for that as a service, but I’m not really happy with that, when you can have this on Android phone for free.
Also depends on your budget too.

BlueDiamondStar

Apr 25, 2020
I did misjudged the amount I’d need so now gotta wait out 19 more months to buy new one. The memory makes them super expensive and I need all of it. That’s why I chose poorly.
However, I start to think that within Apple’s own pool of devices this isn’t much of an issue.
I was having lots of SD card issues when my Android phones got over that update limit and by the end of the two year mark all SD cards were struggling hard to perform. Also whatever I was syncing with my camera via Bluetooth there were distortion lines and glitches. I was puzzled by that but now with my Apple devices that issue has gone.
Now my mom’s phone is struggling with its performance and SD card (Android bc she can’t English) and I’m wondering what phone to get her.

But while I do agree on SD card side I recently realized that with all the cloud storage and whatnot I could even manage with what I buy (and you can upgrade both iCloud & GP for small fee to amount needed) either cloud of physical. It may teach me some storage management too

Reactions: Karl and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
the problem is Apple want monthly money to have extra memory, which is annoying for me personally.

BlueDiamondStar

Apr 25, 2020
the problem is Apple want monthly money to have extra memory, which is annoying for me personally.
So does google. I now pay 2.99€ per month for 100gb of storage as I’m user of the storage more than iCloud mostly because it’s easier to just drop images and free up space on my phone.
Which is something I don’t mind anymore. I’d be suspicious about six years ago but today I’m in that place I can afford it and not bat a lash.
It’s a way I can use so I will pay.

Reactions: Karl

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
I have never owned an Apple iPhone I have always stuck with Android. I will probably get an iPhone at some point to give it a try because I am a big fan of the Apple brand but I haven't seen any reason to make the switch. Currently have a Google Pixel II phone that I am very happy with and no complains.

Reactions: Shan