Your opinion? Another grasshopper ...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Fuji X-T3
Laowa 65mm
1/250s
f16
2 speedlights with diffusors

Vimes

Apr 15, 2021
This is the third try to get a picture of a (living) grasshopper - I am not too sure about the color composition (that green/blue combination) but I like the sharpness. Not every inch is perfectly sharp but without stacking this is what comes out using f16.

EDIT: The picture has been taken in a terrarium, not in nature.

Fuji X-T3
Laowa 65mm
1/250s
f16
2 speedlights with diffusors

Attachments

• DSCF5348-75.jpg
    DSCF5348-75.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: Sergey Prokofiev

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I've never seen this grasshopper before in Germany! Wow! The blue background looks uncommon but I like it more than a green background and it's pulls the view directly to the grasshopper.

Sometimes I'm becoming mad if I'm hunting for grasshoppers. One wrong move and your whole work was just for nothing!

Vimes

Apr 15, 2021
Oh, full disclosure: this is made inside a terrarium. I wanted to watch the grasshoppers grow (and make photos on the way). Usually these grasshoppers are being fed to lizards. This way they at least grow old - though in captivity.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Ahh.. that's the secret. So it's a special species just for your lizards? My brother had a tarantula years ago and he bought always crickets. One box full of them wasn't closed correctly and all of them escaped. We had days later still everywhere crickets. And they was so loud during the night... a horror! :ROFLMAO::p

Reactions: Vimes

Vimes

Apr 15, 2021
Ahh.. that's the secret. So it's a special species just for your lizards? My brother had a tarantula years ago and he bought always crickets. One box full of them wasn't closed correctly and all of them escaped. We had days later still everywhere crickets. And they was so loud during the night... a horror! :ROFLMAO::p
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Sergey Prokofiev

1 1
Feb 22, 2021
:):):)