Your opinion? Another Maratus - Maratus Pavonis "Common peacock spider"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Sony a7iii, Sony a6400, loawa 100mm x2 macro lens, Canon 100mm USM macro lens, extension tubes, raynox250, flash, diffuser

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi again,

Here are photos from another species I have found this year. This species is slightly smaller than the other maratus species I have found, they also tend to stay away from humans more than other species, getting a good photo on these tiny spiders was tricky. I hope to capture one of these dancing over the spring. Hope you like the photos :giggle:

DSC01672.jpg
DSC01288-2.jpg
DSC00568.jpg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Those colours are just exquisite love the photos 💚💚💚
Thanks Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek 😃

I've gotten really lucky this year getting photos of these guys almost daily. I've captured rare behaviour like Maratus Vespertilio males facing off, something unique to only the Vespertilio species as well as some mating dances. I have also been asked to do both a nature walk around my local area next year for people in the area interested in wildlife and biodiversity as well as a live presentation and Q&A at biodiversity meeting next month, exciting times 😊

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Wow ! It sounds like you will be very busy this spring. Would love to see the mating dances and sparing off of the males ... do you do video captures ?

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Wow ! It sounds like you will be very busy this spring. Would love to see the mating dances and sparing off of the males ... do you do video captures ?
This year I have captured a little video but mostly photos. The way I do my photos is not compatible with what I need to video these little spiders, so I am just starting to get the hang of it and its very hard to keep these tiny guys in focus. Hope to share a video of them soon 😃

• Love
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Beautiful little spider. Looking forward to your next photos of them!
Thank you very much, the weather is not looking good for the next week or so but fingers crossed we should get more favourable weather soon, these spiders should be active till about the start of December so lots more chances for pics and hopefully good video 🙏😊

• Love
Reactions: Tina Boes