• Dear guest, quick remind that Macroderie is a private community, and in order to join us you need an invite code which can be given by already in members or you can request one here. Thanks.
Welcome to Macroderie!
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Join now !!! or sign in with existing account/social login
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Your opinion? 

Asian Wasp Close Up

I came across a dead wasp earlier in the week and thought I would try a close up of it's head. It's a shame it was dead, but I have to take advantage when I can as not much chance of getting close up to these when they are alive.
Canon R5, Mp65 at 3x macro, Flash was Canon macro Twin Lite MT-26EX, and images were 1/100sec, ISO 100, F/10, 20 images stacked in Affinity photo and processed in Photoshop.

Attachments

• Waspface_02_2048.jpg
    Waspface_02_2048.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 15
Hi, I was born in Mansfield, UK and have spent most of my adult life living and working across the Middle East and Asia. I recently decided to resign from working in Dubai, where I have spent the past 30 years, to spend more time at home with...
View all 3 featured items

Andy Smith

Sep 17, 2021
Threads
Thailand
Holy shit! The details are just perfect. No halos or other layer errors! That's so great!
Thanks Helix_2648. I like stacking in Affinity as it gives a good option of repairing the image after stacking, I tried other software like Helicon & Zerene from their free trials, but found I got just as good (If not better sometimes) images from Affinity and probably quicker also.

1 Comment
Helix_2648
Helix_2648 commented
Good to know! But now I've a lifetime license... šŸ™‚