Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Your opinion? 

Asian Wasp Close Up

I came across a dead wasp earlier in the week and thought I would try a close up of it's head. It's a shame it was dead, but I have to take advantage when I can as not much chance of getting close up to these when they are alive.
Canon R5, Mp65 at 3x macro, Flash was Canon macro Twin Lite MT-26EX, and images were 1/100sec, ISO 100, F/10, 20 images stacked in Affinity photo and processed in Photoshop.

Attachments

• Waspface_02_2048.jpg
    Waspface_02_2048.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 16
Hi, I was born in Mansfield, UK and have spent most of my adult life living and working across the Middle East and Asia. I recently decided to resign from working in Dubai, where I have spent the past 30 years, to spend more time at home with...
View all 11 featured items

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Holy shit! The details are just perfect. No halos or other layer errors! That's so great!
Thanks Helix_2648. I like stacking in Affinity as it gives a good option of repairing the image after stacking, I tried other software like Helicon & Zerene from their free trials, but found I got just as good (If not better sometimes) images from Affinity and probably quicker also.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Holy shit! The details are just perfect. No halos or other layer errors! That's so great!
Thanks Helix_2648. I like stacking in Affinity as it gives a good option of repairing the image after stacking, I tried other software like Helicon & Zerene from their free trials, but found I got just as good (If not better sometimes) images from Affinity and probably quicker also.
Good to know! But now I've a lifetime license... šŸ™‚

Reactions: Andy Smith