Your opinion? Australian ant « bulldog »

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Y3ll0www

Jan 1, 2022
the federal polytechnic school of Lausanne gave me specimens of "exotic" ants (exotic for us, in Switzerland..) preserved in alcohol for 12 years... here is an australian bulldog ant

Nikon D850
Nikon bellow PB-5
Nikkor EL-50 f2.8 with Raynox 150
rail stackshot
2 led panel with DIY diffuser
125 pictures stacked with heliconfocus
lightroom
retouch ( a wonderfull ipad little app to clean pictures )

Attachments

• 8A32A3E6-AC31-4849-A2D5-96D606728BB8.jpeg
    8A32A3E6-AC31-4849-A2D5-96D606728BB8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Very nice stack, the lighting is very good. Sharp and detailed. Clean edit. Very well kept specimen. Did it need much cleanup and restoration work before the shoot? I see these ants regularly, been bit once or twice by them, hurts a lot, not as much as the Jack Jumper but painful enough to make you remember to stay away 😆. Nice work on the stack 👍

Reactions: Y3ll0www

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
A sick photo!!! WOW! 😲
It's so sharp and details. I enjoy to zoom in it. Thumbs up!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Y3ll0www

Jan 1, 2022
Very nice stack, the lighting is very good. Sharp and detailed. Clean edit. Very well kept specimen. Did it need much cleanup and restoration work before the shoot? I see these ants regularly, been bit once or twice by them, hurts a lot, not as much as the Jack Jumper but painful enough to make you remember to stay away 😆. Nice work on the stack 👍
Thank you very much for your comments... no I didn't have to do too much cleaning on this specimen (except for the normal workflow..ultrasound and brushing under my binocular ) the hardest part was the setting up of the subject because the legs and the head become very rigid... you have to make them move with ultra fine tweezers until you feel a tiny "clack" and then you have to move them as little as possible or else the limb risks to detach...