Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
Want critique 

Australian Bronze jumping spider 2 (older photo)

Hi everyone,

Here is another photo of one of my house buddies. I was using a rather harsh LED light on the right side but it did give him a nice reflection with his eyes. Single shot handheld, 90mm + extension tube, image is cropped down. This photo is about 10 months old when I began to take macro shots with extension tubes. All opinions welcomed. spidey12.jpg

Last edited:
EXIF
ISO 640, 90mm, f/5.0, 1/500 sec

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi everyone,

Here is another photo of one of my house buddies. I was using a rather harsh LED light on the right side but it did give him a nice reflection with his eyes. Single shot handheld, 90mm + extension tube, image is cropped down. This photo is about 10 months when I began to take macro shots with extension tubes. All opinions welcomed.View attachment 6450

Hello Chavezshutter Chavezshutter
The picture is very nice for me, nice sharpness on the spider, nice colours, so good job šŸ™šŸ’—
Have taken pictures of this dangerous spiders too? šŸ˜€

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Thank you! Melbourne where I live is towards the southern side of Australia so it's generally cooler then the rest of the country, the majority of the dangerous spiders live further up north.

The one species we do have here which can be lethal is the beautiful red back spider, velvet black like a black widow but with a bright red tail, a warning to anyone that sees it to keep away.

On the very few occassions I have seen one, my first and only reaction has been to run LOL. Luckily they tend to stay outdoors. But i do know a place in my garden where I can expect to see some this summer so fingers crossed I get to photo one.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Thank you! Melbourne where I live is towards the southern side of Australia so it's generally cooler then the rest of the country, the majority of the dangerous spiders live further up north.

The one species we do have here which can be lethal is the beautiful red back spider, velvet black like a black widow but with a bright red tail, a warning to anyone that sees it to keep away.

On the very few occassions I have seen one, my first and only reaction has been to run LOL. Luckily they tend to stay outdoors. But i do know a place in my garden where I can expect to see some this summer so fingers crossed I get to photo one.

Chavezshutter Chavezshutter let\s take picture of the pider you talk ;) , just keep itself safe ;)
here in Finland isn't lot of dangerous animals, just wolfs , bears, but they prefer to unique people and go out of the way.. , harsh winter can be a bit dangerous, if you don't put enought clothers on you, sometimes could be here even -30 C.. ;)
I love to take pictures in winter.. I need to find some of nice pictures for you Chavezshutter Chavezshutter ;)

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
the quality of details and of every hair, the eyes, the close up without even a shed of fear is just baffling me. whoa!!! šŸ¤© šŸ¤© šŸ¤© šŸ¤© :love::love::love:šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘:oops::oops:

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Jack Jack Hi Jack, I use LR mostly. I assume colour might the issue?. It is an older edit that needs some revision it seems. The unedited photo was not great and I may have cropped too severely, I flooded the picture with light from the right side with a strong LED light source which was complete overkill for this photo.

Today I would use a diffused snoot flash for this type of photos as I seem to get better results that way. I will post the new edit here later.

Thanks for the comment!

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Jack Jack Hi Jack, I use LR mostly. I assume colour might the issue?. It is an older edit that needs some revision it seems. The unedited photo was not great and I may have cropped too severely, I flooded the picture with light from the right side with a strong LED light source which was complete overkill for this photo.

Today I would use a diffused snoot flash for this type of photos as I seem to get better results that way. I will post the new edit here later.

Thanks for the comment!

It's a lot depends on what you wants to achieve, but in my opinion to much saturation will damage the image and image quality. Unless you want to achieve an oil paint image, which for that you will need to use an PS action, or to edit photo on PS.

No problem, your are welcome.