Your opinion? Australian Bronze Jumping Spider

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
ISO 800, 90MM, f/4, 1/125 sec

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I have regular visits from these little cute spiders, there is a few spots around my house where I know where to find them at most times. I got one that lives on a little cactus on my window seal for example. One of my favourite macro subjects, very active and curious. The photo is about 6 months old.

Taken with a LED light, i now prefer my trusty pringles snoot flash. I have thousands of photos of these guys and I hope to travel around Australia seeing different species that were lucky to have. 90mm macro + extension tubes, subject is about 3mm long and the camera was handheld. OZbronze.jpg

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I have regular visits from these little cute spiders, there is a few spots around my house where I know where to find them at most times. I got one that lives on a little cactus on my window seal for example. One of my favourite macro subjects, very active and curious. The photo is about 6 months old.

Taken with a LED light, i now prefer my trusty pringles snoot flash. I have thousands of photos of these guys and I hope to travel around Australia seeing different species that were lucky to have. 90mm macro + extension tubes, subject is about 3mm long and the camera was handheld. View attachment 6439

Really beautiful picture of the spider and it is really cute spider Chavezshutter Chavezshutter 🤩 . MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie is big fun of jumping spiders 😃🙏
And your trip sounds good 😃,
I think just take pictures of all insects that I can find around me.. where I life is quite interesting 😆, and a lot of shooting 😃, after them can get a macro trip around of Finland 😂 but maybe in spring or next summer then.. as in winter time all insects go sleep 😀🤭

Reactions: Jack

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Really beautiful picture of the spider and it is really cute spider Chavezshutter Chavezshutter 🤩 . MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie is big fun of jumping spiders 😃🙏
And your trip sounds good 😃,
I think just take pictures of all insects that I can find around me.. where I life is quite interesting 😆, and a lot of shooting 😃, after them can get a macro trip around of Finland 😂 but maybe in spring or next summer then.. as in winter time all insects go sleep 😀🤭
Thank you nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo! Anyone who is into jumping spiders, specially who lives in Australia dreams of photographing the iconic Peacock jumping spider, it lives in Western Australia and parts of northern Australia. I hope to travel there and photograph these amazing spiders one day.

We are now in winter time ourselves here and finding insects is harder right now. Spring begins for us here in less than a month. If you do photograph insects be prepared for many which are rather not cute like jumping spiders, I have taken pictures of some spiders and caterpillars which looked like they belong on a death metal or horror cover. Still beautiful to me but maybe not as photogenic to everyone. Just recently I shot a caterpillar with a rather "unfortunate" face....to get to the point it's face was rather genitalian(LOL), maybe I'll post it on the funny thread for you all to see.

Thank you very much for your comment 🙏🙏🙏

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Thank you nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo! Anyone who is into jumping spiders, specially who lives in Australia dreams of photographing the iconic Peacock jumping spider, it lives in Western Australia and parts of northern Australia. I hope to travel there and photograph these amazing spiders one day.

We are now in winter time ourselves here and finding insects is harder right now. Spring begins for us here in less than a month. If you do photograph insects be prepared for many which are rather not cute like jumping spiders, I have taken pictures of some spiders and caterpillars which looked like they belong on a death metal or horror cover. Still beautiful to me but maybe not as photogenic to everyone. Just recently I shot a caterpillar with a rather "unfortunate" face....to get to the point it's face was rather genitalian(LOL), maybe I'll post it on the funny thread for you all to see.

Thank you very much for your comment 🙏🙏🙏

Ah you wrote very interesting comment Chavezshutter Chavezshutter 🙏 , so you said about the interesting spider, hope you will able to take pictures of them 🙏
And you have winter in Australia, how it looks like? Is cold? How lot of degrees do you have now there? Do you have sometimes snow there? 🤭😀
Australia is just so exciting country for me 🙏😀. When you check Finland you see writing from almost mostly north point of the earth and you almost mostly south point 🤭😀

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
5c to about 12c, we do get snow and have some small mountain ranges that get snow but nothing like Im sure you have over there. Last month we had a rare morning with fog and my brother and I went landscape shooting but ended up taking macros of spiderwebs soaked in dew droplets as well hehehe :):):)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi Jack, yes i have cropped the image down by about 50 % percent, here is the full image..Thank you for your thoughts!

Still prefer images which haven’t been cropped , the quality remains the same :) . In my opinion by cropping images, you won’t get closer to the subject, you just doing much damages to it.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I'm so jealous that those spider visits you but not me.... :mad::ROFLMAO:
Just kidding... but I'm really would like to be able to find those spiders and take some nice shots of them. But maybe my glasses are not good enough.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Jack Jack
Agreed. I try to get it right nowdays in camera as much as possible. Thanks for your comment. While I'm here I may as well upload that last photo in a larger size :LOL:.

DSC04343.jpg

Helix_2648 Helix_2648 Yea I'm very lucky, these are common over here. It's still pretty cold here (starting to warm up slowly) and I know where to find these guys at almost any time I want. Do you have jumping spiders over where you live or is it far to travel to see one?

I've seen your photos, you would have no issue getting good photos of these guys, theyre about 4mm long. What is your main macro lens?

I am only just getting the hang of taking their photos with decent focus. Now I want to create better compositions and angles to show them better in their surroundings. I'm getting close to doing it but still need more practice.

Reactions: Jack