Auto Rikenon 55mm f/1.4 (Ricoh) (Singlex / Nikkorex Version)

Auto Rikenon 55mm f/1.4 (Ricoh) (Singlex / Nikkorex Version)
Manufactured Year
Mount
Nikon mount
Legacy Brand
Ricoh
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I really love your vintage lenses panos_adgr panos_adgr . They look unique. You can share more if you have. They seems from different world to me.
Thanks Jack!
I really love them also. They are unique. They have their own character and they carry their old days heritage.
The photos have a different feel because of their design. It is also nice to use them. I love their bokeh their colour rendering and the overall feeling or touch on the final image. Some of them that have a unique style add in the final image.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thanks Jack!
I really love them also. They are unique. They have their own character and they carry their old days heritage.
The photos have a different feel because of their design. It is also nice to use them. I love their bokeh their colour rendering and the overall feeling or touch on the final image. Some of them that have a unique style add in the final image.

Are you shooting macro with this lens too?

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Are you shooting macro with this lens too?
I've made some close up photos with this lens using the +2 close up filter. But is soft at f/1.4. Not terribly but it is. If I stop it down to f/2.0 becomes better but I lose the round shape of bokeh circles because of the blades.
It is great though because its bokeh blur is super.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I've made some close up photos with this lens using the +2 close up filter. But is soft at f/1.4. Not terribly but it is. If I stop it down to f/2.0 becomes better but I lose the round shape of bokeh circles because of the blades.
It is great though because its bokeh blur is super.
So if you shooting around f7, you will loose from quality?

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
So if you shooting around f7, you will loose from quality?
No.
It is absolutely sharp between f/4.0 and f/8.0. In f/11 is excellent and in f/16 there is some diffraction as with every lens.
I meant about the bokeh circle shape of point light sources. It is not absolutely round. It has a polygonal shape on the diameter caused from the non rounded aperture blades. I'm not talking about background blur bokeh quality.

In example

circular-vs-polygonal-bokeh.jpg

less-blades-bad-bokeh.jpg

• Love

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
No.
It is absolutely sharp between f/4.0 and f/8.0. In f/11 is excellent and in f/16 there is some diffraction as with every lens.
I meant about the bokeh circle shape of point light sources. It is not absolutely round. It has a polygonal shape on the diameter caused from the non rounded aperture blades. I'm not talking about background blur bokeh quality.

In example

View attachment 9891

View attachment 9892

I think regarding blur issue, you can have on modern lenses too.

bakszadaniel

Mar 17, 2023
Hi, I just saw this now as I bought exactly the same lens on ebay a couple of days ago. Man who sold it, claimed he used it on f mount as it is made for nikon. But for the love of God I cannot mount it on my nikon d300s or on the ftz adapter. If you read this could you please let me know if there was any trick that makes it work? Thank you!
Daniel

Reactions: FredD and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi, I just saw this now as I bought exactly the same lens on ebay a couple of days ago. Man who sold it, claimed he used it on f mount as it is made for nikon. But for the love of God I cannot mount it on my nikon d300s or on the ftz adapter. If you read this could you please let me know if there was any trick that makes it work? Thank you!
Daniel

You can ask panos_adgr panos_adgr about that? Or you can join explorness.com and ask him there too.