Want critique Baby hoverfly in the grass.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
1/100
ISO 500
F16
Flash 1/32 manual mode

Vimes

Apr 15, 2021
Wow, that critter really is small. First I thought it's blurry - but it isn't! The eye an thar nice water drop are sharp.

In my opinion the picture lives from it's background and the fact that the subject is well "isolated" (=it pops out). Looks like a dynamic moment frozen in the picture.

Reactions: Bihari

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
Wow, that critter really is small. First I thought it's blurry - but it isn't! The eye an thar nice water drop are sharp.

In my opinion the picture lives from it's background and the fact that the subject is well "isolated" (=it pops out). Looks like a dynamic moment frozen in the picture.
Yes indeed it was small. I used a Tamron 90mm and a Raynox dcr 250 for this picture (no sharpening added in post)
Thank you for your opinion 🙂

P J Gibbons

May 19, 2021

Nice Composition with great Colour and detail.

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020

thank you.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I agree to Vimes Vimes about the isolation and the popping background. The "blurry" effect might come from a noise reduction. Not sure...
But I wouldn't change it... not worth it. The result is awesome as it is.