Your opinion? Baeus wasp

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Canon M50M2 with the Laowa 25mm macro lens, Godox 350 mini flash and DIY diffusor and reflector. Handheld single shot.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I like this photo, can I ask , how you finding Canon M50 M2?

TomM

Aug 21, 2020
I like this photo, can I ask , how you finding Canon M50 M2?
The M50M2 is just fine, it gets the job done. I don't use image stabilization, I don't need the best auto focus as I use only manual and I don't need weather proofing as I don't go out in the rain. All of those things, if the camera had them would cost a lot and as I don't need them I save a lot of money on the camera that I use and I like that! On the other hand there has to be a trade off and the view finder is only just good enough for the job at hand, though you can use focus peeking and the magnifier. It would be great and kind on my hand if it had a bigger grip too, but you pay your price!

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
The M50M2 is just fine, it gets the job done. I don't use image stabilization, I don't need the best auto focus as I use only manual and I don't need weather proofing as I don't go out in the rain. All of those things, if the camera had them would cost a lot and as I don't need them I save a lot of money on the camera that I use and I like that! On the other hand there has to be a trade off and the view finder is only just good enough for the job at hand, though you can use focus peeking and the magnifier. It would be great and kind on my hand if it had a bigger grip too, but you pay your price!

I still have the M50 M1, still using it now, but most of the time I'm using for my youTube channel. I hate the 4k crop. In terms of photography I would say does great job. But I do agree with you, would be better to have a better grip. But it's a mirrorless camera.