Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
f11 1/124 iso200 flash on olympus 5mk2 olympus 60mm macro lens

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Love it TomM TomM . The subject is well in focus and well sharp. The back wing is a bit out of focus and slightly blur, but I guess this wasn’t planned to be in focus fro beginning. Also really like how you achieve black background, diffuser?

Reactions: TomM

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Indeed a great photo! Your flash power was well balanced to avoid an overexposure but to keed the black background.
Apart from that it's really sharp (at least the parts from the DOF). Well done TomM TomM

Reactions: TomM

TomM

Aug 21, 2020
Love it TomM TomM . The subject is well in focus and well sharp. The back wing is a bit out of focus and slightly blur, but I guess this wasn’t planned to be in focus fro beginning. Also really like how you achieve black background, diffuser?
Thank you. I only go for DOF from a single shot as most of the spiders, bugs and insects would only remain still for a second. T he diffuser is one that I put together myself.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you. I only go for DOF from a single shot as most of the spiders, bugs and insects would only remain still for a second. T he diffuser is one that I put together myself.

Would you be able to showcase your diffuser? I haven't used one yet, or build one, but that's in my plan.