Beginner Macro

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Hi. These are beautiful šŸ˜. The details are on point and the colors are nice. A minor thing, the bee is a bit overexposed. Shooting in daylight is trickieršŸ˜ƒ. I usually use my body to block bright sunlight or put a hand over the subject to reduce glare.

Reactions: wildwonders_macro

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Not bad at all with a mobile phone to be honest. You caught the insects well, with no real visible movement causing any blurriness. It can be challenging with a mobile phone as you do not have the adjustment control for shutter speed, iso, or depth of field like you would have with a dedicated camera.
I don't have any suggestions other than keep going, you are certainly on the right path at the moment.
Very nicely done.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Great set of photos, the robberfly (third photo) is my favourite. I think it is the colour contrast between the fly and the background that makes it pleasing to my eye, there is depth and pop to the scene but all the shots are good and impressive for mobile shots šŸ˜. Nice colours and good focus. Editing will come up sooner or later, so I might ask if you use any?

wildwonders_macro

Feb 6, 2022
Great set of photos, the robberfly (third photo) is my favourite. I think it is the colour contrast between the fly and the background that makes it pleasing to my eye, there is depth and pop to the scene but all the shots are good and impressive for mobile shots šŸ˜. Nice colours and good focus. Editing will come up sooner or later, so I might ask if you use any?
Thanks! I use the standard colour/contrast adjustments that iPhone has in the photos app some times, but other than that I don't really have any experience with editing yet. Would love advice though.

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Thanks! I use the standard colour/contrast adjustments that iPhone has in the photos app some times, but other than that I don't really have any experience with editing yet. Would love advice though.
I have a resource guide coming up that may help. I am not certain of what your editing app can do but even the concept in the guide can help. I'm not sure if this is case already but if your phone is capable of RAW files instead of JPG, i recommend using RAW for better editing results.