Best destinations for holidays

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
For me this year my plan is to stay local, but I am planning a 3 week road trip round Thailand with my camera. Gonna just throw a tent in the back of the pick up and go. Sleeping under the stars in the back of the truck if the weather is nice. Right now I am plotting a few points of interest I want to visit during the trip, but I will not set any firm routes or plans as I just want to go & see where it leads me.

I would love to do the same. Have you planed your trip ? And you have a big truck ?

Reactions: Andy Smith

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I would love to do the same. Have you planed your trip ? And you have a big truck ?
Hi Jack, no planning except for a few key spots I want to visit, I will just go in a rough circular route around Thailand and see what happens. Not a big truck just a normal pick up, which is plenty for just me. The trip will have to be in Milky Way season though, that's the only caveat I have in place.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
There's so lot of beautiful and interesting places on our planet to visit and see 🤩. I have long list places I should see before I die 😄. Travel around of the world would be amazing 🤩.
Hope we can fix the climate change problem and enjoy our beautiful Earth still by some decades 🤠🙏

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi Jack, no planning except for a few key spots I want to visit, I will just go in a rough circular route around Thailand and see what happens. Not a big truck just a normal pick up, which is plenty for just me. The trip will have to be in Milky Way season though, that's the only caveat I have in place.
Do you shoot astrophotography Andy Smith Andy Smith, would love to see some if you do

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I should practice more about astro& night Photography 😁
I am fascinated by the night sky, and as we get nice dark and clear skies here it made me want to photograph what I could. It took a while to get things right but was fantastic to see the results even from an early stage. I highly suggest it if you have access to clear skies at night and it is safe to be outside.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

Alright, you'll have to drive long way? When is Milky way season? I thought you can view milky-way only In Iceland or North Pole.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Alright, you'll have to drive long way? When is Milky way season? I thought you can view milky-way only In Iceland or North Pole.
Hi Jack,
Yep it gonna be an epic drive, which is why I make no definite plans for routes, I will look at the weather, the scenery and then decide to turn left, right or go straight ahead.. I am guessing around 5,000 kms will about cover it and if it takes me 3 weeks or 3 months then what the hell. I will stay somewhere for a few extra days if it is special and speaks to me or I will just move on if it doesn't. Thailand is my home now after all and I want to experience as much of it as I can, and I see no better way than a decent road trip.
I can view the Milky Way core from around mid-March through to mid / end of October. I can see the Milky Way all year round to be fair, but not the core which is the interesting part. You can see it from anywhere if the skies are dark enough, even in the Uk in certain areas between those months.