Best destinations for holidays

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi Jack,
Yep it gonna be an epic drive, which is why I make no definite plans for routes, I will look at the weather, the scenery and then decide to turn left, right or go straight ahead.. I am guessing around 5,000 kms will about cover it and if it takes me 3 weeks or 3 months then what the hell. I will stay somewhere for a few extra days if it is special and speaks to me or I will just move on if it doesn't. Thailand is my home now after all and I want to experience as much of it as I can, and I see no better way than a decent road trip.
I can view the Milky Way core from around mid-March through to mid / end of October. I can see the Milky Way all year round to be fair, but not the core which is the interesting part. You can see it from anywhere if the skies are dark enough, even in the Uk in certain areas between those months.

Have you considered a camp tent? I bet Thailand is beautiful, and 5000km is a lot, and you'll have to do a proper truck check before the trip, I've done 3000 miles in 4 days in my last trip to Scotland.

Are you planning to take a lot of landscape pictures?

Probably I can see milky way in England up north, but definitely not from London šŸ˜….

Reactions: Andy Smith

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Have you considered a camp tent? I bet Thailand is beautiful, and 5000km is a lot, and you'll have to do a proper truck check before the trip, I've done 3000 miles in 4 days in my last trip to Scotland.

Are you planning to take a lot of landscape pictures?

Probably I can see milky way in England up north, but definitely not from London šŸ˜….
to be honest Jack I can sleep on the bed of the pick up without a tent if it is not raining, just throw an air bed on there and I am fine. There are lots of small inland motels across Thailand so no problem if I need a real room for a night or two, other than that I will throw a small pop up tent in the back if I need it.
My truck is quite new and only done 20,000 kms so far so I expect no issues on that side, I will double check everything before I leave anyway.
My camera will be with me all the time, so if I see some nice scenery I will stop and take some snaps, and if it looks like it would be a nice scene later in the evening or next morning I will stay for a while and take some early morning or late evening shots.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
to be honest Jack I can sleep on the bed of the pick up without a tent if it is not raining, just throw an air bed on there and I am fine. There are lots of small inland motels across Thailand so no problem if I need a real room for a night or two, other than that I will throw a small pop up tent in the back if I need it.
My truck is quite new and only done 20,000 kms so far so I expect no issues on that side, I will double check everything before I leave anyway.
My camera will be with me all the time, so if I see some nice scenery I will stop and take some snaps, and if it looks like it would be a nice scene later in the evening or next morning I will stay for a while and take some early morning or late evening shots.

means your truck is big enough for a Bed, and if youā€™ve done only 20 000 kms , you shouldnā€™t really expect any issues. You will get all your equipment with you ?

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I am fascinated by the night sky, and as we get nice dark and clear skies here it made me want to photograph what I could. It took a while to get things right but was fantastic to see the results even from an early stage. I highly suggest it if you have access to clear skies at night and it is safe to be outside.

Here in the north best time to shot astro is from end of August to end of April, rest time is too much light here by midnight sun nights. Great conditions are in harsh froze nights when the sky is clear, but need to warm clothes. Anyway the North isn't maybe the best place to shooting astros against northern lights and beautiful moonlight nights by Polar nights time šŸ˜ƒ

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Poland is lovely for holidays šŸ¤©. I visited Poland for a month in April, I travelled around of the country to see my family and same beautiful and so different Polish landscapes šŸ¤©

Reactions: Jack

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I believe thereā€™s nice places to visit in every country, is all about having time and spare cash for it :)

That's true, every country have some of nice places to visitšŸ˜Š. Luckily Poland is cheap to travel šŸ˜†šŸ‘
I want to travel to America one day but I need save a lot of money for the trip šŸ™‰šŸ˜†šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡²šŸ™

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
That's true, every country have some of nice places to visitšŸ˜Š. Luckily Poland is cheap to travel šŸ˜†šŸ‘
I want to travel to America one day but I need save a lot of money for the trip šŸ™‰šŸ˜†šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡²šŸ™

US is an other side of the world from Finland, so definitely not cheap flight tickets. This world is really big, and there are a lot of places worth visiting. I was thinking to buy a van and travel the Europe :D, but not really good idea .

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
US is an other side of the world from Finland, so definitely not cheap flight tickets. This world is really big, and there are a lot of places worth visiting. I was thinking to buy a van and travel the Europe :D, but not really good idea .

My dream to take a trip across the Americaā¤ maybe one day!
Yeah van is good idea, Europe is save still but need to surely pland the trips carefully šŸ˜Š
And in the world is a lot of beautiful places ā¤

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
My dream to take a trip across the Americaā¤ maybe one day!
Yeah van is good idea, Europe is save still but need to surely pland the trips carefully šŸ˜Š
And in the world is a lot of beautiful places ā¤

Then you have to start saving. By dream is to travel to Iceland, very scenic places, and beautiful spots. A van would probably do a job if you want to visit all countries in one go at low cost.