Your opinion? Blackening russula (Russula nigricans)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi there,

this glowing Russula specimen wants to say "Hi" to you!
I tried to play a bit with the composition and the angle but I'm still not really happy with the background as it partly still to bright.

But my latest pictures are a bit different and I could solve this issue. I will present them some days later.

Dickblättriger Schwärz-Täubling (Russula nigricans).jpg

[HASH=9464]#Russula[/HASH] [HASH=10094]#glowing[/HASH] [HASH=9368]#glowingmushroom[/HASH] [HASH=91]#forest[/HASH] [HASH=2859]#nature[/HASH] [HASH=10315]#lightpainting[/HASH] [HASH=7659]#moss[/HASH]

Have fun,
Jörg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
These are great, I love the lighting effect on the mushroom.Nice composed too. You have beautiful bokeh lightballs in the background but its going to be tricky to incorporate them into the scene well, I'm curious to see if you can edit this one.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
I love the shape and the lighting on the mushroom. Kind of playing "King of the Mountain" with the surroundings. Or maybe a sign such as "The Lion King", where it's looking down on the other mushrooms spreading words of wisdom to all.
I have trouble with the bokeh highlights like that as well. Those hexagon highlights were so bright that the more I tried to tone them down the more gray they became.
Looking forward to seeing what you do, and please let us know what you did method wise. ;-)

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Another's glowing mushroom 😍. The bokeh balls behind are actually nice too.