Your opinion? Bubble and Smoke

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Soap bubble and Smoke
I wasn't sure where to put this, so because it's a soap bubble with water....well...here it is. LOL
This was a tricky shot. The whole set up was using a soap bubble that appeared suspended using a very thin wire to hold it in the air. Below it was an incense stick. The smoke curled around the bubble in various ways. I flipped the first one sideways for effect.
The second photo was using a different lens, not macro. But I wanted to show what the smoke curling effect was. DOF wasn't great on that one, but it got better today with more shots.

Nikon D7100, 85mm Meike Macro lens, f/9, 1/250 sec., ISO400, two flashes, tripod, manual focus

Bubble and smoke 3.jpg

Bubble and smoke.jpg

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
That's cool Tina, I love it and such a great idea, although I think the reflections in the bubbles are the slightly weaker part of the shots, but as I have never tried to take bubble images I am not sure how they can be improved or changed from different angles or lighting.
Overall though they are really good. Very nicely done.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Great work, I like the results of combining these two subjects. Tricky lighting but you did well to keep some of colour in the bubble reflection. The first shot is my favourite. Beautiful work šŸ˜€

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Tina Boes