Your opinion? Bumbles on Flowers

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
I keep trying with this stacking project. The Bumble Bees are fairly dormant in the early morning chill which makes for a good live subject , but breezy doesn't help. These are all stacks of 6-8 photos. I'm still getting "soft" spots in areas that didn't line up, but I think I need a still environment. Also, the focusing rail I'm using is a bit wobbly, you get what you pay for. I'll get a decent one when funds allow. In the meantime, I've been hanging a weight on the corner of it to keep it from rocking on me.
Nikon D7100, Tripod, 85mm manual focus macro lens, natural light, approximately ISO 320, 1/100 sec. , f/8

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
You should try to use a smaller step size between so that the depth of field overlap. But wind, shaking or tripod movements are a "no go" for focus stacking. Movements to the left or to the right can be corrected by the render software (up to a certain limit) but not back and forwards.

Reactions: Tina Boes

Images_by_GinaLiza

Jun 23, 2023
Love your macro photos. They're beautiful

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…