Your opinion? Bumbles on Flowers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
I keep trying with this stacking project. The Bumble Bees are fairly dormant in the early morning chill which makes for a good live subject , but breezy doesn't help. These are all stacks of 6-8 photos. I'm still getting "soft" spots in areas that didn't line up, but I think I need a still environment. Also, the focusing rail I'm using is a bit wobbly, you get what you pay for. I'll get a decent one when funds allow. In the meantime, I've been hanging a weight on the corner of it to keep it from rocking on me.
Nikon D7100, Tripod, 85mm manual focus macro lens, natural light, approximately ISO 320, 1/100 sec. , f/8

Bumbles and pinks--3.jpg

Bumbles and pinks--2.jpg Bumbles and pinks-.jpg

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
You should try to use a smaller step size between so that the depth of field overlap. But wind, shaking or tripod movements are a "no go" for focus stacking. Movements to the left or to the right can be corrected by the render software (up to a certain limit) but not back and forwards.

Reactions: Tina Boes

Images_by_GinaLiza

Jun 23, 2023
I keep trying with this stacking project. The Bumble Bees are fairly dormant in the early morning chill which makes for a good live subject , but breezy doesn't help. These are all stacks of 6-8 photos. I'm still getting "soft" spots in areas that didn't line up, but I think I need a still environment. Also, the focusing rail I'm using is a bit wobbly, you get what you pay for. I'll get a decent one when funds allow. In the meantime, I've been hanging a weight on the corner of it to keep it from rocking on me.
Nikon D7100, Tripod, 85mm manual focus macro lens, natural light, approximately ISO 320, 1/100 sec. , f/8

View attachment 18936

View attachment 18935 View attachment 18934
Love your macro photos. They're beautiful