Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi. What camera functionalities and features you are using the most?

Personally I don't use a lot of them, I do shoot in manual mode, and some times in automatic mode.

When shooting with my little m50, I use some of features, like hdr, panoramic effect, and others. On my 7d m2, don't really using any features, apart from high speed frames or slow shutter speed.

How about you?

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi. What camera functionalities and features you are using the most?

Personally I don't use a lot of them, I do shoot in manual mode, and some times in automatic mode.

When shooting with my little m50, I use some of features, like hdr, panoramic effect, and others. On my 7d m2, don't really using any features, apart from high speed frames or slow shutter speed.

How about you?

I\m using M usually :D , and doing rest work in LIghtroom or photoshop ;D , I just like to have control on everything I'm doing and how my pictures looks like :p .
but sometimes I use focus stacking, bracketing, ad Black and white-art functions ;) , my camera has a lot of them ;P , but I don't like automatic :D .
and I love shoot with manual focus too ;) ;D

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I shoot manual most of the time. I use continuos focus but i use BBF so its only on when I activate the focus button, having said that I also use mostly manual focus for macro. My method for most of my subjects is to rock back and forth to hit focus anyways so it doesnt matter too much if i use auto or manual autofocus, to help with focus I use a combination of magnification window and focus peaking. I only shoot RAW. Flash - Manual. Only thing i set is my focus limiter on macro lens (if using AF) and turn on/off image stabilisation if im on a tripod.

Reactions: Jack

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
I work with my new mirrorless camera since 1 month, and I really like it !
I find many functions, options very usefull !
For exemple :

Post focus -> the camera take many pictures with different focus, then you can choose pictures you want to keep, and you can stack them too !

4K shots -> the camera takes a king of video, then you can choose the frame you want to keep and save as picture !

Auto focus -> I used manual focus with my reflex, but the auto focus off my new camera is very good and fast.
When I put it on manual focus, I can change focus using lens ring OR a button AF wich make the focus like AUTOFOCUS 1 time, verrrry usefull for water drops !

Panorama -> just place the panorama mode and move your camera left to right, result is very good and you are not obliged to take a tripod or work on LR or PS

I find new options, I know more optons exists but I didn't use it now ^^

Reactions: Chavezshutter

ManesNera

Aug 29, 2020
I like 120fps on z6, can get nice slow motion video. Bluetooth/wifi helps a lot when I need my phone as remote. Auto eye/face detection help with crisp portraits. No crop 4k. And I love touch screen😄

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
A yeah 120 fps can be usefull !
I forgot something on my camera : Wifi function !
I can transfert my pictures on my smartphone (usefull on holidays !)
And with an app, I can controle my camera on wifi !
I can remote screen, and push on the screen to shoot !

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I forgot to mention about WiFi and Bluetooth function which I’m using in my m50. It’s really nice, unfortunately there is cropped 4K , but I don’t use it a lot.

what I like on 7d m2 that has built in transmission, so you can trigger your flash from distance . Really love that.

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
So good option, With the app and wifi, I see the screen of the camera, on my phone, then i can choose focus on my phone screen and trigger :p

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I mostly shoot my pictures in manual or aperture mode. Sometimes with focus bracketing function enabled. For normal shots I use mostly tone priority mode to avoid toning failures.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
So good option, With the app and wifi, I see the screen of the camera, on my phone, then i can choose focus on my phone screen and trigger :p

Definitely like that , if you shooting wildlife and you want to take a picture with a tiger you can do a remote control :D, and see what’s inside the tiger stomach:D