Lens Canon 100mm f2.8 L

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member want's to discuss about the lens specified in the topic.
D

Deleted member 12

Hello.

I'm about to buy a macro lens soon. And I was wondering what others thinks about this lens for canon.

I would like to know what's the benefits, how sharps images can I get. How close I can get to the object. And if it's worth the money.

Reactions: Karl

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I have that lens.

the built quality is very well made, even if it’s made from plastic, it’s high quality plastic.
You can get pictures on 1:1 ratio, which means the subject will be bigger size.

Regarding the image quality, it’s very sharp .

D

Deleted member 12

I have that lens.

the built quality is very well made, even if it’s made from plastic, it’s high quality plastic.
You can get pictures on 1:1 ratio, which means the subject will be bigger size.

Regarding the image quality, it’s very sharp .

Thanks for reply. Mostly I want to use this lens for flowers and bugs. And I want to get proper sharp images.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thanks for reply. Mostly I want to use this lens for flowers and bugs. And I want to get proper sharp images.

If you are on budget. I would recommend you to check the simple version 100mm. The only difference is that doesn't have Image stabilisation and is not weather sealed. As long as you are taking pictures with tripod on good weather condition, you should be fine.

Reactions: Karl

Karl

Mar 16, 2020
That's a great lens. If you can afford, go for it. You can even shoot portraits with this lens. The images are very sharp. If you cannot afford maybe look for sigma or for non premium lens. It's way more cheaper.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Yes, I forgot about good portraits pictures. it does great job when is about to have a portrait session too.