CANON EF 100 mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens

Compatible
Canon EF-mount
Ideal
Macro
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I don't know the other version so I can't tell you if it's better or not; but the one I rated is really good, it's the one I am using currently and it's awesome. :)

Because I have an other version, and i like it a well. But never checked this lens, I meant, i checked but i did not purchasEd because doesn’t have IS

Reactions: Yohanna_D

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
You know my opinion on stabilizers, to me, I don't really need it; I can handle the lens without this option ;)

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
You know my opinion on stabilizers, to me, I don't really need it; I can handle the lens without this option ;)

It is hard to take images without IS ?As far as I know, lenses without Is require tripod .

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
This was the first macro lens I ever bought, it was matched with my trusty old Canon 30D which was the camera that I first learned photography on. I still use both the camera and the lenses from time to time. Obviously my experience with the lens will vary with a camera that's 14+ years old but I found it to be a very good, sharp lens with a sturdy build.

I personally had very few instances where i needed IS with it as i prefer to either use flash or previously LED lights to light my subject. I also did not get to try things such as extension tubes with this lens, where I may felt the need for IS much more. Overall, this for me was a great lens to learn some macro concepts. I only wish I could have experienced it with a newer camera body to see its full potential. I've since upgraded to newer camera and lenses from another manufacturer

Last edited:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
This was the first macro lens I ever bought, it was matched with my trusty old Canon 30D which was the camera that I first learned photography on. I still use both the camera and the lenses from time to time. Obviously my experience with the lens will vary with a camera that's 14+ years old but I found it to be a very good, sharp lens with a sturdy build.

I personally had very few instances where i needed IS with it as i prefer to either use flash or previously LED lights to light my subject. I also did not get to try things such as extension tubes with this lens, where I may felt the need for IS much more. Overall, this for me was a great lens to learn some macro concepts. I only wish I could have experienced it with a newer camera body to see its full potential. I've since upgraded to newer camera and lenses from another manufacturer

In terms of quality, is there big difference between L versions and non ? If you have tried L version of course.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I have not personally used the L version, though i know a bit about it. Apart from IS, I believe the L may be sharper at the wider end, but that's by a fraction. With no real world use from me I'm only rephrasing what I've heard about it.