Camera Canon R3

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member want's to discuss body camera model specified in the topic.

kzurro

1 1
Dec 21, 2020
that camera costs about half what I paid for my brand new car 😅

I'm glad Canon took mirrorless cameras seriously at last.
for someone who makes a living with photography? of course. for me? nope. as I said, that's more than half what I paid for my car.

that doesn't mean that if I found one, I would ask if someone had lost it. I would discreetly bring it home and take care of her 😈😈😈

• Haha
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
that camera costs about half what I paid for my brand new car 😅

I'm glad Canon took mirrorless cameras seriously at last.
no, you can't do that. You should find the owner and give it back, and ask for $5k back as a reward 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: kzurro

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I think the price for R3 is to high. I would rather invest in lenses than buy such an expensive camera. You are using RF lenses?
No I just bought the R5 yesterday, along with an adapter so I can use my EF lenses that I have bought over the years. I am not a fan of starting over again with my lens collection. I might look at the new RF 100mm Macro though, to taker advantage of the tracking and autofocus, as my macro lenses are all manual focus. I will have to examine my budget.
Are you having a lot of EF lenses? I know, same I wouldn't want to start over again, will cost me a fortune.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I think the price for R3 is to high. I would rather invest in lenses than buy such an expensive camera. You are using RF lenses?
No I just bought the R5 yesterday, along with an adapter so I can use my EF lenses that I have bought over the years. I am not a fan of starting over again with my lens collection. I might look at the new RF 100mm Macro though, to taker advantage of the tracking and autofocus, as my macro lenses are all manual focus. I will have to examine my budget.
I have a few Jack, EF 16-35mm f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8, MP-E 65mm, Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x macro, and a 2x teleconverter, so not so many but they are quality ones and really could not justify (or afford) to replace them. They have always worked well so I see no reason to replace them. Maybe just need to add the new RF 100mm Macro from Canon and a long zoom for bird/nature photography and I am happy.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I have the EF 100mm L macro lens, and does incredible shots, you can view my equipment in the Showcase page, you also can share yours too. I don't own a lot of them as well, taking in consideration that all of them, I purchased brand new. Have you bought brand new or second hand?

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
All mine were bought brand new over the years

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Brand new gear isn’t cheap at all, but at least you 100% that should last for decades.

Reactions: Andy Smith

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I am lucky that I live in Thailand, and the grey market is a little cheaper. A lot of Canon products are manufactured here which helps also. Still not cheap, but my philosophy is I would rather save and buy the best lens I can rather than buy a cheaper one and then want to replace it later at more cost. I don't really trust used equipment here in Asia, and think of my purchases as long term investments. Mind you, we never stop craving for more :)

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I will look at adding to the Showcase page also.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
yeah. Especially when comes to photography gear, always think what's next 😅. Is the price different from Europe? Same, I would rather save and getting a new lens instead buying second hand, you need to be lucky to get good second hand lens, apart from that, is a bit risky.