Your opinion? Cilantro leaf through droplet.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Dangerspouse

Aug 27, 2021
This is my first attempt at water droplet macro. I built up a water bubble onto a scallion leaf with a toothpick, and took a picture of a cilantro leaf behind it (it's the green blob in the background). I need more practice though, as the leaf in the bubble isn't easily identifiable I don't think. I watched a tutorial that said using glycerine will make a larger bubble that will be easier to work with, and allow you photograph with less distortion than smaller drops of water. So I may try that next. Anyway, here's the shot:

Cilantro Bubble-1.jpg

Yohanna_D

Forum Mentor
Mentor
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
the bokeh is nice and the colors too; but the drop does not look as sharp as it should be, it's a bit blurry. I wonder what the exifs data are?
But overall this photo is beautiful!

Dangerspouse

Aug 27, 2021
the bokeh is nice and the colors too; but the drop does not look as sharp as it should be, it's a bit blurry. I wonder what the exifs data are?
But overall this photo is beautiful!
Thanks for the comment, Yohanna! EXIF: 40mm, ISO 100, f/11, 4 seconds.

I tried to manually focus on the leaf inside the bubble, so if it doesn't look as sharp as it should be you can blame it on my lack of skill. But this was my very first attempt as I say, so I hope to practice more and get better!

:)