Your opinion? Cortinarius iodeoides Purple Mushroom

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
This was a stack of 4 photos, but it is still a little out of focus. I'm hoping to find more over the weekend, but fear the season for this color is done.
The purple cap of these is just gorgeous. Animals don't eat them because they are a bit slimy on the cap, although every now and then I'll see one with a bite out of it.....and hope the critter didn't get too sick. LOL

Nikon D7100, 85mm Meike manual focus macro lens, natural light, ISO320, 1/125 sec., f8.0, resting on a beanbag.

Purple mushroom 2.jpg

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
It's a beautiful mushroom šŸ˜. I can't help but ask, did you bring a bean bag for photo hunting?

Reactions: Tina Boes

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
It's a beautiful mushroom šŸ˜. I can't help but ask, did you bring a bean bag for photo hunting?
I always bring the bean bag to rest the camera on when looking for mushrooms. My mini tripod is too high for most of what I find. They grow very low to the ground around here.

Reactions: lovitazoe

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
I always bring the bean bag to rest the camera on when looking for mushrooms. My mini tripod is too high for most of what I find. They grow very low to the ground around here.
Oh I see.. is it like a pillow size? My first impression when I hear about bean bag was like a couch.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
About half the size of a pillow. We use them to heat up and put on sore muscles. ;-)

Last edited:

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I would be do happy to find this specimen here too but still without success... wonderful photo of a perfect mushroom

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I dont think I've ever seen a purple mushroom, is it from Alice in wonderland? very cool, thanks for sharing!

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
I would be do happy to find this specimen here too but still without success... wonderful photo of a perfect mushroom
Thank you Helix! I am really hoping to find one or two this weekend, but they appear usually only in the September and very early October here. Got my fingers crossed. :)
I dont think I've ever seen a purple mushroom, is it from Alice in wonderland? very cool, thanks for sharing!
LOL, thanks Chavezshutter. :) I find so many colorful specimens and shapes here, that I could probably make an Alice movie. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Chavezshutter