Your opinion? Curved Space

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Nikon D7200
Vititar 55mm f/2.8 Macro
9 photos stacked in mean stack mod
Each photo was taken as below
s 30"
f/11
ISO 320
Mounted On Tripod
Lighting Blue anti mosquito led and IKEA led lamp combined.

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I would like to see more! This looks great, especially for a first attempt.
Good Morning from Greece!
Thank you very much! I will try it again. I did 4 different versions yesterday from slightly different angles.

And here is a photo of the shoot.
IMG_20201206_011026.jpg

Reactions: Karl

JustSlipAway

Nov 19, 2020
Good Morning from Greece!
Thank you very much! I will try it again. I did 4 different versions yesterday from slightly different angles.

And here is a photo of the shoot
Are you just using a light box underneath?
I’ve never tried a shot like that with the paper, something I’ll have to look into.
Thanks again!

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
No it is not a lightbox.
Basically I'm lucky because of my kitchen's table design.
On the table surface are two square openings, on from each side, and inside them feet pieces of square glass with mat finish.
I placed on a chair an anti mosquito blue led light and an IKEA flexible white led lamp. I put the chair under the opening and that's was all.
It looked nice!
The funny thing is that when you look at photo it looks like it is unreal. And although you get this impression, the photo is 100% real and with minimal post processing. I adjusted a bit the highlights and blacks, added a little bit contrast and reduced slightly the blues.

JustSlipAway

Nov 19, 2020
No it is not a lightbox.
Basically I'm lucky because of my kitchen's table design.
On the table surface are two square openings, on from each side, and inside them feet pieces of square glass with mat finish.
I placed on a chair an anti mosquito blue led light and an IKEA flexible white led lamp. I put the chair under the opening and that's was all.
It looked nice!
The funny thing is that when you look at photo it looks like it is unreal. And although you get this impression, the photo is 100% real and with minimal post processing. I adjusted a bit the highlights and blacks, added a little bit contrast and reduced slightly the blues.
Oh that works out really well. I’ll have to post a pic of my setup. It’s literally a piece of glass from a frame raised by 4 soda cans. Super low cost, but it works!

Reactions: panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Oh that works out really well. I’ll have to post a pic of my setup. It’s literally a piece of glass from a frame raised by 4 soda cans. Super low cost, but it works!
I like to experiment and also to see improvisations of set up, by other people. You can do nice things with low budget.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Awesome result for your first attempt. Wonderful fading colors with all these curved lines. I really love the result.
Just one idea how you can improve the result a bit.

1607283137093.png

I would hide the paper ends if possible. But that's just the icing on the cake!

Reactions: panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Yes you have a point here but it is a mater of preference.
I like it though because it breaks the linearity of the curves. It wasn't difficult to make them invisible.
I did more today in the morning but in different style. I haven't processed them yet though.