Your opinion? Dandelion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
F11 ISO 100

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Good shot J Jeiman 😀,

Nice colours and details. Light looks good. Have you cropped into this shot or is it the full image? Im trying to workout your working distance from the subject. And if I may ask - How long have you been doing macro?

Cheers,

Aaron

Jeiman

Mar 8, 2022
Good shot J Jeiman 😀,

Nice colours and details. Light looks good. Have you cropped into this shot or is it the full image? Im trying to workout your working distance from the subject. And if I may ask - How long have you been doing macro?

Cheers,

Aaron
Thank you. Oh yes that is cropped. I shoot with an a7rIV currently so 61MP gives a lot of room for cropping. I became a little lax at filling the frame because I knew I could crop a lot and walking even a short distance can be problematic for me because I am disabled. I got my macro lens (Sony 90mm macro) in October so I haven't done a ton of macro yet.

Jeiman

Mar 8, 2022
Thank you. Oh yes that is cropped. I shoot with an a7rIV currently so 61MP gives a lot of room for cropping. I became a little lax at filling the frame because I knew I could crop a lot and walking even a short distance can be problematic for me because I am disabled. I got my macro lens (Sony 90mm macro) in October so I haven't done a ton of macro yet.
I neglected to mention that the lens was about 3 inches away.

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I neglected to mention that the lens was about 3 inches away.
Great camera, I use the a7iii and my brother shoots with a7riii, you have lots of room to play with in crop which is very nice 😁. You're doing well for a for shooting such a short time. keep at it 👍. If i had to make one suggestion that I think will help you is to give yourself a little more working room ( maybe 5-8 inches) but try it yourself and see what you think. Hope to see more 🙏