Your opinion? Dew Drops

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Canon 70D, EF 100mm macro lens. ISO 320, f/8, 1/160s.

CA Madhu Ramaswamy

Feb 3, 2021
IMG_8686.jpg
I am not very convinced with the clarity of the image. I had to crop the image to the section which I thought had some sort of clarity, but had to edit the image to get the sharpness which ofcourse has led to some distortion. How or what do you suggest I should do in these kind of shots? I haven't used flash and diffuser for this. The challenge I faced was more in terms of getting a faster shutter speed with a lower ISO value which was hard. The aperture value I took in this case (f/8) was to get a better shutter speed without flash. Please share your thoughts on the best way to get these shots that gives crisp images with better aperture and shutter speed. Will speed light flash and diffuser give such results?

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Be careful with the light for such shootings. The reflections looks much too bright because of the harsh sun light. try to take some shots later in the afternoon and not against the sun. But the first tryings looks already very good.

Reactions: CA Madhu Ramaswamy

CA Madhu Ramaswamy

Feb 3, 2021
Be careful with the light for such shootings. The reflections looks much too bright because of the harsh sun light. try to take some shots later in the afternoon and not against the sun. But the first tryings looks already very good.
Thanks Helix_2648 Helix_2648. I agree on the harsh sun light. The problem is I want to make the most of it with natural light and not use any sort of artificial lighting, however these experiments is only teaching me more on taking it further by using some techniques. I will try like you have suggested.