Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Your opinion? 

Dragonfly

I would like to share this photo of a dragonfly, took in Oct. 2018, with you. I hope you enjoy it. Also, I would like to ask for advice, tips, and technique, about editing the Extreme-Macro photo especially in areas of insect hair. I think it is quite hard because it is shaky and hard to separate them from a background. By the way, I used Zerene, Photoshop, and Lightroom to process all of my Extreme-Macro photos.

Thank You :) dragonfly upload.jpg

EXIF
Canon 80D with Canon MP-E 65, setting f5.6 with ISO 400

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
The stack looks really good if I considering the magnification. IBut I also noticed some gaps in the area of the hairs which might be caused by a too large step size or it's a setup issue of Zerene Stacker. Unfortunately I'm not used with Zerene because I only use Helicon.

Was the dragonfly already dead? Maybe the insect or the camera was shacking during the stack? Hard to discuss about any improvements without knowing the reasons behind the blurry areas.

Reactions: Jack

Desc1234

Jan 6, 2021
I would like to share this photo of a dragonfly, took in Oct. 2018, with you. I hope you enjoy it. Also, I would like to ask for advice, tips, and technique, about editing the Extreme-Macro photo especially in areas of insect hair. I think it is quite hard because it is shaky and hard to separate them from a background. By the way, I used Zerene, Photoshop, and Lightroom to process all of my Extreme-Macro photos.

Thank You :)View attachment 10340
[automerge]1610537193[/automerge]
Very impressive image! How did you get so close?

Boom Sonjaroon

Aug 8, 2020
The stack looks really good if I considering the magnification. IBut I also noticed some gaps in the area of the hairs which might be caused by a too large step size or it's a setup issue of Zerene Stacker. Unfortunately I'm not used with Zerene because I only use Helicon.

Was the dragonfly already dead? Maybe the insect or the camera was shacking during the stack? Hard to discuss about any improvements without knowing the reasons behind the blurry areas.
Hello,
Thank you for your advice.
The dragonfly was entered my room at night. So, I carefully brought it to stand on my mini-tripod and took live stacking-focus pictures. By that time, I used a manual macro-focusing rail. I found it died in the morning the day after I took this picture. I believed that blurry and shaky hair may be caused by my missing focus movement. But I didn't know much about how to fix it.

Thank you again for your opinion.

Reactions: Jack