Want critique Dragonfly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
great close up; I prefer the first photo with its face rather than the 2nd one as the body was "cut" to have that close up :D

Reactions: Idiocerus

Idiocerus

May 14, 2021
Ohh the second I had zoomed like that just to see the colors and wing design. Before that he just had a hairy little back lol but thank you. Critic appreciated

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
The first photo looks sharp but with some blur spots on the side, probably you should check your aperture.

Regarding the second one, i would say you should balance the highlight, and the same again checking your aperture. You also can use a diffuser to avoid having noise on your images if your aperture will be around f11 or higher.

Last edited:

Idiocerus

May 14, 2021
The first photo looks sharp but with some blur spots on the side, probably you should check your aperture.

Regarding the second one, i would say you should balance the highlight, and the same again checking your aperture. You also can use a diffuser to avoid having noise on your images if your aperture will be around f11 or higher.
Alright, I definitely keep my apature lower than that but can bring it up to fix some of that blur. Thank you, I really figured it was just from not photostacking.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

Alright, I definitely keep my apature lower than that but can bring it up to fix some of that blur. Thank you, I really figured it was just from not photostacking.
You are welcome. You also can try stacking techniques as well, there are some tutorials on resource page.

Idiocerus

May 14, 2021

I’m lacking the photo software but hope to obtain in the near future.

Reactions: Jack