Your opinion? Edited or not edited version do you prefer more?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
D700
Tamron 90mm
F51 1/60 iso800

Mongrel

Nov 11, 2020
Personally I like more the unedited shot, with the clear-cut edges and the small imperfections in crystals, but the edited version shows volume better thanks to the diffuse and is probably a better image for most purposes.

Reactions: Jack and Bihari

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I will go for edited one, because shows more details than non edited. Also I've noticed that non edited is slightly over exposed on top of the ice and couple more spots.

Reactions: Bihari

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
Thank you Jack Jack I prefer the edited as well :D
(My wife told me the original is bette. That's why I asking you guys šŸ˜… )

Reactions: Jack

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Hello dear friend Bihari Bihari !
Firstly it is a very nice minimalistic work! I like the edited one because it has better detail and texture that highlights the shape and form of the subject! It makes it more 'powerful' in the eyes of the viewer!
The unedited version is also great but it has less contrast that creates also a nice feeling but lacks a bit (and only in comparison with the edited photo) in punch.

Great photo and composition in any case.

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
I might create a game, could be challenging for everyone to achieve good results without editing the photo.
That's a great idea Jack Jack I remember you did something like that befor and it was grate how many different results came out form a single picture.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
That's a great idea Jack Jack I remember you did something like that befor and it was grate how many different results came out form a single picture.

I will create couple of games likes that. A bit of lack of time. Had to work on site. Hope you won't laugh, but haven't touched my camera for months now šŸ˜

• Wow
Reactions: Bihari