Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
The Bubble Experiment: the magical world of bubbles. During lockdown @home I have had to experiment into the smaller worlds of everyday subjects. This effect was created with normal soup water with background lighting from a broken IKEA lamp. Photographed in the morning so no natural light was used. [HASH=742]#thebubbleexperiment[/HASH] [HASH=712]#bubbles[/HASH] [HASH=6]#macroderie[/HASH] [HASH=188]#macrolovers[/HASH] [HASH=1727]#supermacro[/HASH]
IMG_0024_ds.jpg
Canon EOS M100 • EF-M28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM • ƒ/4.0 28.0 mm 1/125 100 Flash (off, did not fire)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I would say that results are great. Probably you could achieve better results by having a flash and diffuser in my opinion. Or stacking them, so you have everything in focus and detailed :)

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Great shot Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek, my one suggestion is to play with the lighting, bubbles specifically can change quite radically in colour and reflection, depending on the angle which the light hits the bubbles.

I personally am in the opinion that all true macro (1:1 magnification) needs an external light in most situations, the reason for this is that when ever we get to 1:1 magnification depth of field is simply too narrow to properly capture most subjects, we compensate for this by narrowing our fstop and the only way to get back the light we lose from narrowing our f/stop is by either increasing our ISO and therefore more noise and grain (an undesired compromise), lengthening our shutter speed (requires tripod and a non moving subject) or using a flash or other external light. You could have also chosen to stack but I doubt focus stacking would be a good solution here where bubbles pop and move all the time, the scene really needs to be static or focus stacking will not work.

Having said all that, there are no rules only what the photographer likes or doesnt like but i can say for certain playing with the light angle in this particular shot can really make this type photo come to life.

I look forward to seeing more :)

• Italian Face
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Monday morning quick shot of Bubbles' in Blue ... The Bubble Experiment continues [HASH=742]#thebubbleexperiment[/HASH] [HASH=712]#bubbles[/HASH]
IMG_0228_ds.jpg
Canon EOS M100 • EF-M28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM • ƒ/4.0 28.0 mm 1/60 250 Flash (off, did not fire)

Reactions: Chavezshutter