Facebook changes to Meta

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Have anyone noticed that now all apps which are owned by Mark Zuckerberg are having Meta name.

I saw on news that they decided to change their brand I guess. Probably they are trying to get away with all scandals they have recently.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Have anyone noticed that now all apps which are owned by Mark Zuckerberg are having Meta name.

I saw on news that they decided to change their brand I guess. Probably they are trying to get away with all scandals they have recently.
Yeah, makes you want to say "Hmmmmmm" LOL
In an announcement in October, this is what was said about the Meta name change:

"Facebook on Thursday announced that it has changed its company name to Meta. The name change, which was announced at the Facebook Connect augmented and virtual reality conference, reflects the company's growing ambitions beyond social media.Oct 28, 2021"

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
There must be a reason behind that. They own a lot of apps. I saw on news when ex employees reported Facebook that they are not putting people first, and they are focusing on making more money.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
We will see, they try to introduce this oculus thing. I doubt they will improve social media sites to users benefits. Most likely to make more money.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I've been locked out of instagram for over a week, came up with suspicious activity and now they want me to do a video selfie to verify or turn on face recognition on facebook. I think I'm gonna pass on that -The Zuckster short circuits the microphones on laptops near him so that no audio can be heard should a prying hacker manage to turn on audio from said laptop and now they are asking for a multi angle face shot but worry not it gets wiped in 30 daysšŸ˜† . Yeah,Nah!, If i can't get my account back without that selfie I will wave bye to instagram, terrible platform for photography anyways, time to start on my flickr account. All Meta now.

• Wow
Reactions: Tina Boes and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I've been locked out of instagram for over a week, came up with suspicious activity and now they want me to do a video selfie to verify or turn on face recognition on facebook. I think I'm gonna pass on that -The Zuckster short circuits the microphones on laptops near him so that no audio can be heard should a prying hacker manage to turn on audio from said laptop and now they are asking for a multi angle face shot but worry not it gets wiped in 30 daysšŸ˜† . Yeah,Nah!, If i can't get my account back without that selfie I will wave bye to instagram, terrible platform for photography anyways, time to start on my flickr account. All Meta now.
I've never been fan of Facebook or Instagram. They are both have privacy issues, and they always looking to make more money out of you. I had MySpace years ago, but that's it. I believe they changed the name to clear the trouble they had in past, like Cambridge Analytica. They try now store biometric data.

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
They don't truly "Wipe" anything. Once it is there...it is just moved somewhere else. They wanted me to send a copy/pic of my driver license a few years ago when I had trouble logging in. I refused, because having a photo of that in their hands.....well I don't trust that they have ALL honest people working for them. It could have been passed on to the dark market for all I know. I finally figured out my original password and worked with them on that instead.
A video? No damn way, that's going too far.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
They don't truly "Wipe" anything. Once it is there...it is just moved somewhere else. They wanted me to send a copy/pic of my driver license a few years ago when I had trouble logging in. I refused, because having a photo of that in their hands.....well I don't trust that they have ALL honest people working for them. It could have been passed on to the dark market for all I know. I finally figured out my original password and worked with them on that instead.
A video? No damn way, that's going too far.

Iā€™m not providing any biometric data to anyone , apart from government. Itā€™s totally not good that social media way decided to go that way, to ask users ID . Which you never know how these documents is stored in their database or if itā€™s not sold to third parties.

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I've never been fan of Facebook or Instagram. They are both have privacy issues, and they always looking to make more money out of you. I had MySpace years ago, but that's it. I believe they changed the name to clear the trouble they had in past, like Cambridge Analytica. They try now store biometric data.
FB was ok when it started, it was all about connecting with old friends and all that, now it's non ending commercial and a ground for the eggheads to collect data on us, the only thing i like about FB is being able to connect to special interest groups like photography, maratus, etc.

Reactions: Jack