Facebook changes to Meta

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
They don't truly "Wipe" anything. Once it is there...it is just moved somewhere else. They wanted me to send a copy/pic of my driver license a few years ago when I had trouble logging in. I refused, because having a photo of that in their hands.....well I don't trust that they have ALL honest people working for them. It could have been passed on to the dark market for all I know. I finally figured out my original password and worked with them on that instead.
A video? No damn way, that's going too far.
A video where they prompt you to turn one way or the other, exactly the type you would use for biometrics...yikes!!!

• Angry
Reactions: Tina Boes

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
I’m not providing any biometric data to anyone , apart from government. It’s totally not good that social media way decided to go that way, to ask users ID . Which you never know how these documents is stored in their database or if it’s not sold to third parties.
They can say all they want to in order to convince people their information is secure. The fact is that it is only as safe as those handling it, and there are crooks and dishonesty everywhere.

Here's a little story: Many years ago I applied for a business license for myself. I paid huge fees to my state to get the license and lots of red tape/paperwork/proof of this and that....and after a couple of months it was finally approved. The ONLY entity that had knowledge of that business name was the State of Michigan. Within a few days of approval I started receiving junk solicitations in my mailbox to that business name , and this was BEFORE the license was even in the mailbox! The state sold my business information to others, there is no doubt in my mind.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
FB was ok when it started, it was all about connecting with old friends and all that, now it's non ending commercial and a ground for the eggheads to collect data on us, the only thing i like about FB is being able to connect to special interest groups like photography, maratus, etc.
It was ok from beginning, the only good thing about it , is that you can connect with old friends as you said, but apart from that, I see only as data mining.

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
They can say all they want to in order to convince people their information is secure. The fact is that it is only as safe as those handling it, and there are crooks and dishonesty everywhere.
They are very huge, and this might end up very bad. They already had trouble years ago with Cambridge Analytica, where a lot of users data have been leaked or stolen .

Here's a little story: Many years ago I applied for a business license for myself. I paid huge fees to my state to get the license and lots of red tape/paperwork/proof of this and that....and after a couple of months it was finally approved. The ONLY entity that had knowledge of that business name was the State of Michigan. Within a few days of approval I started receiving junk ** to that business name in my mailbox, and this was BEFORE the license was even in the **! The state sold my business information to others, there is no doubt in my mind
That’s disgusting to sell someone’s data . You probably could take them to court.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I worked as a database administrator for a number of years, I know what type of information goes into them and the technologies being used and developed to be used in them. Big data is big business and often that information goes to the biggest bidder. You don't collect massive amounts of data for the fun of it and even when the intention is not for profit its hard to resist $$$ when it's offered

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I worked as a database administrator for a number of years, I know what type of information goes into them and the technologies being used and developed to be used in them. Big data is big business and often that information goes to the biggest bidder. You don't collect massive amounts of data for the fun of it and even when the intention is not for profit its hard to resist $$$ when it's offered
Probably also depends what type of data, biometric data would be sold for more cash. Facebook uses users data and information to decide what ads to show. I found a bit weird an other day, we was talking about investing like cryptocurrency and when he wanted to check Facebook, he had these advertisements, that was really funny :D

• Haha
Reactions: Chavezshutter