Photo Editing finishing macro in PS 5.5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The topic opened by member is to talk about photo editing and post processing techniques. Give the most appropriate help and advice.

Tonyv138

Nov 27, 2021
With my attempts to learn macro, i discovered masking/layer masks and their usage would be a good skill to have. I want to use them to finish final stacking results. I watched so YT videos, but they make it easy on themselves - they use backgrounds that are easy to deal with and avoid the real issues.

I have an old version of PS - 5.5. can someone please recommend a good book/reading material on this subject targeting the version I own

thanks!

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I've only a newer version and I'm not sure if it's similar. Mostly I watch Youtube videos if I need a tutorial for something.

Reactions: Natalie

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
For stacking learning photoshop is almost a must. Rarely will you get a perfect result straight out of either Zerene or Helicon focus and if you are serious about perfect results you will come to the conclusion that the details you want in the final stack is actually across at least two methods of stacking (one for better detail and sharpness and the other for controlling arifacts perhaps) and you need to blend these somehow. I believe Zerene has some tools inbuilt which can help you with that but I am unsure if you need to pay for the upgraded licence to get access to them. Someone who uses Zerene might know better and have details as I have only tried the trial version of it. I use Helicon focus along with Photoshop to blend stacks but I consider myself a relative beginner in stacking, there is a lot to it. I wish I could direct you to some videos or tutorials but I have only being doing photoshop for the last 5 years or so and the version youre running goes back a fair way before then, if I spot anything online I'll let you know .

BTW: Investing in your photoshop skills goes a long way and is a worthwile asset to have for a lot of photography, not just stacking so good move on your behalf đź‘Ť

Reactions: Tonyv138