Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
Want critique 

First post, flower abstract

This is my first post so I hope I have posted this right;

This image was made using glass, bubbles, coloured LED's and a daisy flower.
Editing was kept to a minimum ,defocused outer edge was done in post. I prefer to make the scene surreal before i take the shot at least for this specific photo style so I have not altered the colour radically in edit. I have posted a jpeg 1080x720 version of it while i workout the media types/sizes which i can upload, hope its ok for now. Any thoughts are much appreciated. bubblesession3redlast.jpg

EXIF
Sony 7M3 , f/16, 6 seconds, ISO 160, 90mm

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Looks gorgeous Chavezshutter Chavezshutter , thanks for sharing it, have you edited the image in Photoshop too ?

I can’t really say much here apart that is very well done image.

However I saw the focus is only in the middle of the frame, maybe if you could have bigger aperture, that might help to get more depth and details ?

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
So impressed picture Chavezshutter Chavezshutter ! I really like it, very creative, and nice for an eye.. the atmoshere in the picture is just wonderful!! and something quite diffrend and new.. Thanks for sharing with us!! . Hope to see more your pictures ;)
stay safe and creative! my new photo friend from hot and far Australia 🙏 :) .
Greetings again from Finland, Nothern Europe ;) 🙏;)

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Looks gorgeous Chavezshutter Chavezshutter , thanks for sharing it, have you edited the image in Photoshop too ?

I can’t really say much here apart that is very well done image.

However I saw the focus is only in the middle of the frame, maybe if you could have bigger aperture, that might help to get more depth and details ?

Thank you very much. No Photoshop on this one. The original photo had sharper edges on the outside but did a blur to the outer edge, just trying out edit styles (and it kinda hides the clip i foolishly left in view on the left side of the image, lol). Here is the same picture without blur..Thanks once again. glassnonblur.jpg

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you very much. No Photoshop on this one. The original photo had sharper edges on the outside but did a blur to the outer edge, just trying out edit styles (and it kinda hides the clip i foolishly left in view on the left side of the image, lol). Here is the same picture without blur..Thanks once again.View attachment 6436

I prefer this one Chavezshutter Chavezshutter :) , looks better for the eyes, how have you done them ?

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I prefer this one Chavezshutter Chavezshutter :) , looks better for the eyes, how have you done them ?
I have many versions of these, I have been trying to find a style with these images. The ones with normal light are also very cool. I think i also like the sharper version too LOL.

The bubble refraction is the same trick as getting a drop refraction;

I place a glass tray with a little bubble and water solution hanging over the ledge a low table with enough clearance to place a daisy underneath (if using coloured LEDs like in this image I prefer daisies with paler petal ends to pick up the LED's colour better), the distance to the daisy needs to vary depending on the size of the daisy(or any flat-ish flower preferably with contrasting center and petals. Gerboras are amazing too) and how perfectly you want to fill the bubble with the daisy, for a flower about 5cm diameter across I find about 20 cm about right but you will have to experiment. You get your focus with normal light and then you must reduce all surrounding light and only light the flower beneath with a coloured LED. 6 second shutter speed for me to get the right exposure and soak up as much colour from the LED. In this case I used a higher F stop, I am just beginning to do focus stacks so maybe that will push it to the next level. Thank you once again for your comment, much appreciated
[automerge]1596629116[/automerge]
So impressed picture Chavezshutter Chavezshutter ! I really like it, very creative, and nice for an eye.. the atmoshere in the picture is just wonderful!! and something quite diffrend and new.. Thanks for sharing with us!! . Hope to see more your pictures ;)
stay safe and creative! my new photo friend from hot and far Australia 🙏 :) .
Greetings again from Finland, Nothern Europe ;) 🙏;)
Thank you very much for your comment!! Stay safe and greetings!!!!🙏🙏🙏

Last edited:

Jusri

Jul 13, 2020
Thank you for sharing :)
I have many versions of these, I have been trying to find a style with these images. The ones with normal light are also very cool. I think i also like the sharper version too LOL.

The bubble refraction is the same trick as getting a drop refraction;

I place a glass tray with a little bubble and water solution hanging over the ledge a low table with enough clearance to place a daisy underneath (if using coloured LEDs like in this image I prefer daisies with paler petal ends to pick up the LED's colour better), the distance to the daisy needs to vary depending on the size of the daisy(or any flat-ish flower preferably with contrasting center and petals. Gerboras are amazing too) and how perfectly you want to fill the bubble with the daisy, for a flower about 5cm diameter across I find about 20 cm about right but you will have to experiment. You get your focus with normal light and then you must reduce all surrounding light and only light the flower beneath with a coloured LED. 6 second shutter speed for me to get the right exposure and soak up as much colour from the LED. In this case I used a higher F stop, I am just beginning to do focus stacks so maybe that will push it to the next level. Thank you once again for your comment, much appreciated
[automerge]1596629116[/automerge]

Thank you very much for your comment!! Stay safe and greetings!!!!🙏🙏🙏