Want critique First time glowing mushroom

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
f/2.8 - iso 200 - 1/640 sec -35mm

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Nice pic Tina, my only critique would be the mushroom is a little low on the left side. It would have been nice to see it just a little higher in the image, but lovely shot none the less. I love shroom images.

Reactions: Tina Boes

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Pretty good effort for your first attempt with this technique šŸ‘. I do like Tina's version with out that object intersecting the mushroom, cleaner image i think. Also, like Andy I think aiming just slightly lower would improve the shot to include a little foreground as well as the area around the stalk. You have already improved with your newer images, cool to see the progress šŸ˜ƒ

Reactions: TMG1961

hermansuparman

Oct 28, 2021
I learned by pulling up youtube videos for basics. There are so many freebies for learning out there, if you have a little time each night, choose a photo and decide what you want to edit and then find a video on that. Soon you will have the basic skills and can go for the more involved stuff later. I downloaded your photo (hope you don't mind, I'm practicing today) and took only a couple minutes in Photoshop to do a basic edit out of the tree or branch that was distracting in the center of the mushroom. taking a bit more time, the blending could be done in a more detailed manner. What do you think?

View attachment 19794
so lovely with the way you edit the photo šŸ˜

Reactions: Tina Boes

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
It's a beautiful photo, Theo. The glow looks natural. The tone is pleasing on the eye. šŸ˜ƒ

Reactions: TMG1961