Flash in what direction?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
When you use flash for outdoor macro photos in what direction do you point the flash? Is it pointing in the same direction as the lens and if so in what angle? Or do you turn it away from the subject?

Reactions: Jack
Solution
When you use flash for outdoor macro photos in what direction do you point the flash? Is it pointing in the same direction as the lens and if so in what angle? Or do you turn it away from the subject?
The Flash should be pointed directly to the subject, as you want the subject to be in focus and enough light. you also might consider having a diffuser as well.

I believe @MinitecaPhotographie or @Yohanna_D can give some advise as well.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
A friend of me had a phottix mini softbox he wasn't using. I got it from him for free. Tried it this evening but not impressed by it, had to put the flash on 1/1 with iso 100 to get a nearly decent photo. Think i will watch some how to videos and read some more and make my own.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I did some more testing with the flash in a controlled environment and it is not working as it should be. So it is going to be returned. Going to look for a replacement flash this weekend.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I've the same problems with my small diffuser cap... I'm not satisfied with the results but I'm too lazy to spent hours to build-up my own diffuser.
Apart from that I'm a fan of natural light but even today in the late afternoon I hadn't had enough light @ISO 400. So I need to take the time... if I want or not... there's no way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.