Your opinion? Flora from the garden

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Your sempervivum šŸ˜. Ah i'm jealous. Hard to grow them here because the weather is always hot.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Your sempervivum šŸ˜. Ah i'm jealous. Hard to grow them here because the weather is always hot.
The small one in the pot is about 1 year old and the close up is of one that is almost 30 years old. I got 3 that are almost 30 years and 6 ones that are almost 1 year. A few weeks ago i gave about 10 small ones to that i cut of the mother plant to my neighbour, did the same 2 months ago. N ow they start to get ready for winter, but stay outside, they never get inside even when it freezes.

Reactions: lovitazoe

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
The small one in the pot is about 1 year old and the close up is of one that is almost 30 years old. I got 3 that are almost 30 years and 6 ones that are almost 1 year. A few weeks ago i gave about 10 small ones to that i cut of the mother plant to my neighbour, did the same 2 months ago. N ow they start to get ready for winter, but stay outside, they never get inside even when it freezes.
Wow! 30 years are very long. They are frost hardy and very beautiful when they exposed with cold stress. Do you fertilize them regularly or let the nature take care of them?

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Wow! 30 years are very long. They are frost hardy and very beautiful when they exposed with cold stress. Do you fertilize them regularly or let the nature take care of them?
Mother nature does a very good job at keeping them fertilized. The only thing i give them is water during the summer months.

Reactions: lovitazoe