Your opinion? Grasshopper sunrise

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Fujifilm X-T3
Laowa 65mm
ISO 400
F16
1/250s

Vimes

Apr 15, 2021
I used a printed backdrop that I placed in the grass behind the grasshopper to hide the noisy background and get more emphasis on the foreground.

The backdrop is from Stuart Woods collection, printed out and glued to 300g „paper“.

Fujifilm X-T3
Laowa 65mm
ISO 400
F16
1/250s

Speedlight with diffuser

Attachments

• A39DBE7C-E3D2-466D-89F2-E82C5A00D5B7.jpeg
    A39DBE7C-E3D2-466D-89F2-E82C5A00D5B7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
I like the clear background, it makes us focus to main subject. You made a good decision to place a printed backdrop.

And do not forget, Congratulations on being MOTM! Well deserved. 😃👏🏻

Reactions: Vimes

Vimes

Apr 15, 2021
I like the clear background, it makes us focus to main subject. You made a good decision to place a printed backdrop.

Thank you, Lovitazoe. 🌺 This site may be a small community, but the feedback has been very encouraging and friendly the last few weeks. I really enjoyed these conversations.

As a macro newbie I was in doubt if I should take part in the competition at all, but decided that this may make me more engaged with this site … and it is strangely motivating to have this small bit of a very friendly competition.

Reactions: lovitazoe

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021

Thank you, Lovitazoe. 🌺 This site may be a small community, but the feedback has been very encouraging and friendly the last few weeks. I really enjoyed these conversations.

As a macro newbie I was in doubt if I should take part in the competition at all, but decided that this may make me more engaged with this site … and it is strangely motivating to have this small bit of a very friendly competition.
Glad to hear that! Absolutely agree with you. Members here give honest comments and critics.😃
I enjoyed the competition too. I always looking forward to know who will become the winner 😁. I like to compare the photos and analyze the compositions of each photos. From that i learn what a photo needs to be aesthetically pleasant to see or a photo that is just to inform about things like insects, flowers, etc.
Oh..oh..and your photos don't show that you are a newbie. You are a Pro! 😀

Reactions: Vimes

Vimes

Apr 15, 2021

Well, thank you. The kind lies are the sweetest. 😁

But honestly: Covid simply gives me time to roam around and if you give them enough time and 10.000 typewriters, 10.000 monkeys will randomly type a text that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lovitazoe

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021

I like how humble you stay 😃. My old teacher once said the more you practice the better you are. You are one of examples from practice a lot and become skilled. Looking forward to see more of your photos. 😀

Vimes

Apr 15, 2021

Thank you, Lovitazoe. 🌺😀

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
What an uncommon idea to print your own background card! Really cool! The result looks so colorful and full of like! The little grasshopper acts like a magnet because of the color contrast.