Your opinion? Green nettle weevil (Phyllobius pomaceus)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Canon EOS 90D
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM
Raynox DCR-250
ISO: 400
Aperture: 4
Shutter speed: 1/50s
Stacked with natural light
D

Deleted member 250

Hi Helix_2648 Helix_2648 Just out of interest, how long does it take to do say a 20 image stack in camera?
I would think the frame rate would be quite high but does the lens refocus on each frame or is there some other wizadry involved?

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi Helix_2648 Helix_2648 Just out of interest, how long does it take to do say a 20 image stack in camera?
I would think the frame rate would be quite high but does the lens refocus on each frame or is there some other wizadry involved?
Hi @Bill Edwards, the new Canon EOS 90D has an internal focus bracketing which is similar to the one from Olympus or Panasonic but unfortunately without IBIS. So I set the nearest focus point, set the number of pictures and press the button. Before that (in times of my old EOS 700D) I've used an additional Android software for that.

The camera can take up to 10p/s but a more realistic value is about 7p/s with a puffer of 23 pictures.

D

Deleted member 250

Hi @Bill Edwards, the new Canon EOS 90D has an internal focus bracketing which is similar to the one from Olympus or Panasonic but unfortunately without IBIS. So I set the nearest focus point, set the number of pictures and press the button. Before that (in times of my old EOS 700D) I've used an additional Android software for that.
Thanks Jorg, I was thinking that it must be quick as these critters don`t stay still for long :)

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Thanks Jorg, I was thinking that it must be quick as these critters don`t stay still for long :)
Yes, you're right. And that's the reason for the out of focus blob and the composition. I don't have time to adjust everything and take up to 100 pictures just to have everything in focus. I noticed the blob but wasn't able to remove it.

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Deleted member 250