Greetings from Barcelona, and thank you for the invite.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongrel

Nov 11, 2020
Hello all,

Today I was invited to join this forum, and it will be very nice to participate in a community like this one after getting tired of general social media in the last few years. I always loved forums, and time ago I spent tons of hours in several, both as a member and as a staffer. Lessons for me are clear; social media may excel in connecting, but forums provide better discussions, richer lessons and overall much kinder people. So thank you again to the person who gave me an invite.

Macro photography is a pleasant hobby for me. Although I graduated in film school (which helped me to grasp some basics) I've worked mostly as a film editor, and it was only relatively recently that I decided to get a decent camera and a macro lens, propelled by a more serious hobby so far: gardening. Initially I just wanted to capture the structure of some rare seeds for identification, and maybe the initial stages of some seedlings. But as COVID confinement measures kicked in, I started taking some shots in my garden after a distant friend, locked up in a city flat, wished for some more flowers in her social feed. And as I began taking snapshots, I enjoyed every minute of it. Currently I don't have much free time to spare with photography but I try to keep it warm, abiding to my only rule - I'm only taking photos within my home walls, garden included. Photos of plants I'm nursing, others that just show up uninvited, and some bug visitors. It agrees with another old rule I learned in storytelling. Talk about your village, and you'll talk about the whole world. Which is also, in a way, macrophotography.

After browsing here for a bit, it's obvious that there's extremely talented people in this community. I'm really looking forward to learn. And I'll try to share some snapshots eventually, but perhaps I'll have to remaster them (if only because when aiming for social media I stripped them off most metadata for privacy reasons, and I just had a facepalm moment reading that EXIF is a requirement for posting images in this forum).

Regardless, I hope to meet other members and their work. Thanks for sharing it, and thanks for reading me.

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Hello Mongrel and welcome to our community!
And what a nice introduction to yourself!
Our community is a place where we share our passion for Macro Photography and focus on it. All of us share our Macro works and discuss, exchange experience and share our works!

You can showcase your work in the categories that are gathered here.
Feel free to share your work and exchange opinion or discuss with all of us!
We thank you also for joining in, and for your nice comments about people's work!

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hello Mongrel Mongrel and welcome to the small macro community. Hope you will enjoy with us 😎 enjoy to share your pictures and learning more from anothers members. Feel free to ask about everything, everyone will help you 🙂🙃😎

Reactions: Mongrel and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello Mongrel Mongrel . Thanks for your time and effort writing this amazing introduction. And very happy to have you on board.

I always loved forums, and time ago I spent tons of hours in several, both as a member and as a staffer. Lessons for me are clear; social media may excel in connecting, but forums provide better discussions, richer lessons and overall much kinder people

That’s well said, and I hope you will enjoy our forum. If you think that something is missing or you add something to be added, you always can write a suggestion and we will implement it.

After browsing here for a bit, it's obvious that there's extremely talented people in this community. I'm really looking forward to learn. And I'll try to share some snapshots eventually, but perhaps I'll have to remaster them (if only because when aiming for social media I stripped them off most metadata for privacy reasons, and I just had a facepalm moment reading that EXIF is a requirement for posting images in this forum).

We aren’t big Mongrel Mongrel . We are small and friendly community, we are focused On quality and fun. Here I think you can find pretty much everything, as this forum has everything on to help photographers to learn . Regarding EXIF, this is required to give chances to new photographers who are looking to get into macro photography photography to understand better how to use and set camera settings. You don’t need to write your exif, as long as your photo has it, will show automatically.

But yes, glad that you have joined us, and hope you will enjoy your stay, and if you have any issues or questions do not hesitate to contact me or ask anyone here. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. :)

Reactions: Mongrel

Mongrel

Nov 11, 2020
Thank you Panos, Natalia and Frank for your kind welcome :)

I hope to have time soon to dig up some of my original camera shots and reprocess them, keeping the EXIF data this time, so I can share them in a suitable category. This will be also a great incentive to keep working.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you Panos, Natalia and Frank for your kind welcome :)

I hope to have time soon to dig up some of my original camera shots and reprocess them, keeping the EXIF data this time, so I can share them in a suitable category. This will be also a great incentive to keep working.

Looking forward to seeing your images :)

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi and welcome Mongrel Mongrel to our international macro community! Hopefully you like our forum! We're excited to see your pictures!

Reactions: Jack

Macroderie

Community User
May 22, 2020
Hello Mongrel Mongrel,

We are changing the status of this thread to closed as this is an old topic. Any questions, do create a new thread in Site Board Help and Support subforums. Enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.