Greetings from Italy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalantech

Jun 13, 2021
I'm an American network engineer working in the Campania region of Italy, currently living in Lago Patria. So I'm pretty much just a geek with a macro lens. I've been shooting single frame macro hand held for 15 years, and if you have any questions about macro photography or light I'd be happy to help! Just don't ask me about focus stacking ;)

Several people have asked about the magnification that I include with my images and if I'm including the crop factor of the sensor. Cropping an image, either with a smaller than full frame sensor or in post, creates an enlargement and does not change the magnification. The MP-E 65mm macro lens that I use has magnification markings on the barrel and that's how I can tell what magnification I'm shooting at. The depth in my images is due to the way that I twist my wrist to lay the area of acceptable focus over the curve of the critter's face. After 15 years of shooting macro hand held I've built up a lot of muscle memory.

Trachusa interrupta, male.

Tech Specs: Canon 80D (F14, 1/250, ISO 100) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (3x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT with a Kaiser adjustable flash shoe on the "A" head (the key), E-TTL metering, -1/3 FEC). This is a single, uncropped, frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order. I held the grass stalk close to a wall to keep the background from being black.

View attachment 15527Snoozing Resin Bee II by John Kimbler, on Flickr

Attachments

• 51242562560_3a5692a058_b.jpg
    51242562560_3a5692a058_b.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello Dalantech Dalantech ,

Welcome on board. Glad that you joined us. Is always great to have professionals on forum.

We aren't big forum, but the site does offer wide access or features to fulfil photographer's needs.

We have showcase, blogs, market and many more.

If you want to share some technical advice or tutorials, please feel free to share on resources page. That will be really helpful to new people who are trying to get into macro photography.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me or anyone here. We are friendly community.

Macroderie

Community User
May 22, 2020
Hello Dalantech Dalantech,

We are changing the status of this thread to closed as this is an old topic. Any questions, do create a new thread in Site Board Help and Support subforums. Enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.